Bagpipes Attempt

This is so freaking cool. Seriously amazing. PLEASE someone make a saxaphone one, that would come in handy for some sweet jazz or blues haha!

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it. I hope you are able to find some practical use for this ;)

I noted that most Bagpipes drone seems to be pretty close to Bb, and that would be why "Long Way To The Top" is in Bb.
But I made this to be in A for us guitar players.

This is really cool. We usually play 1/2 step down so this doesn't quite line up for me. What do I need to modify to get that drone to A flat? Thanks!

OK, so I've had a chance to tweak and thanks to Bakerman's suggestion I was able to get a constant drone that doesn't start again every time you trigger a note.

This is with an improved constant drone.
I also changed the Controller assignments so Ext 1 controls the high volume, External 2 controls the drone volume. (Beware - this preset needs no input to create output. To silence the sound you must have Ext 2 turned down)

I also tweaked up a preset with Ab drone for Tamerz.

Here are the new patches:

Attachments

• Bag Pipes MC A drone TM.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Bag Pipes MC Ab drone.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 338
Sounding great!!
It's really cool to see/hear all the creative use of this magic box we have got ourselves :)

Thanks for the patches Mark!

BTW - Lower the overall volume of the three drone tones and I made voice #3 of that Synth block into the bass drone which was missing. Divide the Freq by 2 ...

Back
Top Bottom