AxeII ReAMP JOURNEY SEPARATE WAYS Video Cover Mark Day

The playing is great as always. Your singer is quite competent with the journey song to. :)

I'd like to here it recut without the keyboards and replaced with more guitars. :)

You better tan up those legs before heading back down here! :)

Yet another awesome delivery Mark. I watch your videos and two thoughts hit me. 1. I suck 2. Great players make it look sooooo damn easy.

My goal.... eventually end up somewhere in between.

That really was the singer from your band? Sounds exactly like Steve P.

Craig

On a side note: Is Tone Merchants going to paint you up a yellow room for consistency? :)

Mark, one word: A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!!!!

(but I can't believe this hasn't been moved by the forum police to Lounge or Recordings or somewhere it's more relevant... lol)

This has to be the best Axe FX II video I have ever seen !!!! I am not into Journey much but I thought the tone was Amazing Keep up the good work

Scott

How about "You Really Got Me", you did a great version on the Ultra I'd like to hear how the II sounds with it! And while your at Journey how about "The Parties Over, Hopelessly in love"??? at least do the intro;)

2 quick comments

1) Love the ease with which you play. A master always makes it look easy! kudos
2) I've got GAS now - the Ultra fixed that since 3.1... the AxeII is on the list now. Time to start working on how I'm gonna sell the idea to the wife!

Journey rulez, Perry is my favorite all-time singer, almost head to head with Dio though :)

I can't watch this video until I get home cuz it's blocked haha. Gotta use VPN. Now as far as Journey suggestions...it's not on Greatest Hits (neither is Mother Father though), but the heaviest song I think they ever did was "Edge of the Blade", and what a song!!! If you guys ever did that tune I'd be very impressed (as I was by Mother Father).

Rock on!

Well done, Mark! I agree with what people are saying here- best one to date!

Question for you about reamping... what exactly are you doing there? Are you recording the dry signal & the AxeII'ed signal then listening to the AxeII version and thinking "hmmm... don't quite like that cab sound"... so then do you run the dry signal back into the AxeII and choose a different cab/amp/whatever for a different sound- then tweak away using the dry track into the axe until you get it right?

Also- I remember looking at some of your presets for the Ultra and thinking they were quite convoluted with high gain and EQ's all over the place... are you finding that your presets are more straight forward with the AxeII?

Mark,

What a great video. I really enjoyed your playing man. As was said before, great tone as well. And your band is killer . . .

Back
Top Bottom