AxeII ReAMP JOURNEY SEPARATE WAYS Video Cover Mark Day

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
My band is the backing track. Roy Nichol: vocals, drums, keys; Don Lecompte: bass; Mark Day: guitar.

I used my LP, because Roy wanted it 440hz :) Aldrich pickups.
AxeFXII USB recording with 4 tracks same performance, 2 are reamps, same preset different cab.

I'm lovin the reamp feature, it couldn't be any cooler!!
NO track eq's or blocking filters used.

View attachment Mark Day Separate WaysAxe2.zip

Last edited:
As always..... pure awesomeness! My wifes fav journey song she'll dig it lol

Which amp block u use?

Last edited:
I enjoyed that as much as a fat kid would enjoy a "multi-layered" cake! ;-)

Your drummer reminds me of Deen Castronovo...Great drummer and awesome vocalist to boot!

Wow, Mark! Massive! More Journey, please!
After you reamped those tracks, did you offset any of them when mixing, to get some small delay, or it wasn't necessary?

Wow, Mark! Massive! More Journey, please!
After you reamped those tracks, did you offset any of them when mixing, to get some small delay, or it wasn't necessary?

I did, but it didn't really seem to need it this time. Last video I made the mistake of not checking the project settings...default was 44.1khz 24 bit. This time I made sure it was 48khz, there didn't seem to be any phase sounds at all. I added the sample just to create a little width. I like the way it turned out :)

Mark

Wow! Totally awesome. Definitely one of your best if not the best video to date. You guys are really tight and the vocals were amazing - almost as amazing as your guitar playing lol!

God Mark, watching you play is so depressing. It just reinforces what a crappy guitar player I am. XD

That was just...perfect. Absolutely unbelievable.

ridiculously fat guitar tone. Nice.

Vocals are killer! Dude really sounds like Steve Perry.

Can't wait to try out the re-amping

Totally, I thought it was Steve Perry until I re-read the titles. My god, he REALLY nailed those vocals.

Back
Top Bottom