AxeII ReAMP JOURNEY SEPARATE WAYS Video Cover Mark Day

My band is the backing track. Roy Nichol: vocals, drums, keys; Don Lecompte: bass; Mark Day: guitar.

I used my LP, because Roy wanted it 440hz :) Aldrich pickups.
AxeFXII USB recording with 4 tracks same performance, 2 are reamps, same preset different cab.

I'm lovin the reamp feature, it couldn't be any cooler!!
NO track eq's or blocking filters used.

Just fabulous!

Loved it!

L

That's a fat wall-O-guitar tone for sure!

I haven't read up on the axeII re-amp yet (just back from vaca) but when listening it sounds like a single live-input performance is generating two stereo tracks. Is that correct? Then you've made enough room in the mix to fit the panning of your two presets (same except for cab) and then you're good to go.

If you did this live, which of your presets would you choose, the "live" or the reamp?

This song was the "breaking away" song from my youth...the first of three cassette tapes my older brother bought for his first car, our 'escape' vehicle, a short-bed '63 international scout. We'd rock out on the backroads of western colorado, cheap speakers with big magnets, no enclosures (or room for them). Just stuck them to the corners of the cab behind our heads like big fridge magnets. The three cassettes were all we had for a couple months: journey escape, foreigner 4, and asia (which was kinda lame). They're forever etched into my memory, especially this song.

Thanks again.

Best cover ever - epic!

This is hands down the best cover of any song I've ever seen/heard! Effortless and incredible! The vocals were astounding!!! I sincerely enjoyed every note! Hats off to Cliff and team for the Axe II! Great job guys!

Is your drummer named Steve Perry? :D No, joke... but incredibly voice, not much difference to him.
And fat fat fat guitar. I believe, it could not be better.

Never get tired of watching this and it's not even my scene! M A G N I F I C E N T Mark!
Well done man, keep 'em coming!

If you think Mark's faces are funny, you should watch the original Journey video of this song. It popped up after Mark's video ended; I laughed non-stop for 6 minutes. Not sure how anyone kept a straight face while that thing was being filmed!

Hey Mark ! This was just amazing !!

For those of us who haven't jumped on tha AFX2 bandwagon, would you mind sharing the principles of your patch to allow us to recreate it on an Ultra (minus reamping, of course...).
Thanks in advance !

Back
Top Bottom