AxeII ReAMP JOURNEY SEPARATE WAYS Video Cover Mark Day

Great job, Mark! Incredible playing and awesome tone! If I was on the fence about getting a II, I'd be off it after that!

rbv0070045.jpg

Last edited:
Now SAVED as preset 371, LOL.

Guys you will be AMAZED at how close it sounds on the AXEFXII when you dial in Mark's generously donated patch.
Sooo much fun to play along with. Thank you also for the lesson Mark.

I can't watch one of Mark's vids without crackin' a smile. Those facial expressions are the best. :?
I mean after the killer guitar playing. You make it look so darn easy.
Super well done and always a pleasure to hear your work.

Great vid, Mark! I'm not much of a rock guitar guy but you nailed that one - love your guitar faces a lot!
Humor does belong in music...

Great job Mark. Just curious - do you have any original music? I share a similar love of gain and your covers are always spot on. Would love to hear some original tunes.

Looks like you have love for that 'G' Chord in the break after the solo too...best tone on original recording...and this one!
G is my favorite chord evar!!

Mucho goodness.
Thanks Java!

It's the mark (no pun intended) of a great musician with presence (no pun intended either!) who gets someone into stuff which isn't necessarily his scene. Absolutely superb man.
Too kind! Thanks for that!

Completely, ridiculously awesome. Love it!!!
Thanks Steve!

Mark, that was AWESOME! My former guitar teacher (great guy) played in Frontiers. You BOTH do an incredible job of covering this song. Good stuff!!!
Thanks khawk!!

Another excellent vid Mark! Great playing man. The vocalist is quite impressive too and should be a little more out front. Killer cover over all!
Yes in a real mix the vocals should be more out front but I wanted to make sure you guys heard the AxeII

The playing is great as always. Your singer is quite competent with the journey song to.

I'd like to here it recut without the keyboards and replaced with more guitars. :)
Thanks Chris, but I love the keys in this song :)

Once again Mark, Great job! Really liked that one! 8)
Thanks Tubehead!

You better tan up those legs before heading back down here!
Yet another awesome delivery Mark. I watch your videos and two thoughts hit me. 1. I suck 2. Great players make it look sooooo damn easy.
My goal.... eventually end up somewhere in between.
That really was the singer from your band? Sounds exactly like Steve P.
Craig

On a side note: Is Tone Merchants going to paint you up a yellow room for consistency? :)

lol, yes my legs look like skim milk! Yes that is the drummer singing :) The Moroccan theme will be cool lol!

Mark

Love it Mark...those are ABSOLUTELY the right faces to make for the power chords after the solo! LOL

Great job on the solo too...

and oh yeah...synth tone is SPOT ON! I hear so many versions of this with the wrong synth tone...

Amazing job. Gotta ask about the keyboards. Was that a physical board or AU/VSTI ? Were you running any plugins within Logic ?
Drums..mic'd, v-drums, software?? Otherwise apart from nailing those tones and playing killer guitar..your a great salesman!!!

Last edited:
Amazing job. Gotta ask about the keyboards. Was that a physical board or AU/VSTI ? Were you running any plugins within Logic ?
Otherwise apart from nailing those tones and playing killer guitar..your a great salesman!!!

I believe the original was a Jupiter 8....that sure sounds like the exact tone...there is a Jupiter 8 softsynth...

If I hadn't been listening so closely I would have thought this was the original. Amazing guitar and vocal performances. The tones are almost dead on too. Maybe just a little too much bottom on my studio monitors (BM5A;s) but that is nitpicking.

Back
Top Bottom