AxeCabManager - a new utility for Axe-FX II users

Freezes up every time after trying to connect. I only tried AF2 usb midi in/out. I even updated the AF2 usb driver, but still. Win7 64.

Brilliant little app, perfect for an IR junkie like me, thank you, my friend from down under :)

Freezes up every time after trying to connect. I only tried AF2 usb midi in/out. I even updated the AF2 usb driver, but still. Win7 64.

Hmm - first problem report! :) This is odd. My development machine is exactly the same config.

So, I am guessing that you see the Axe-FX in the drop downs for MIDI in and out? (indicating that MIDI chatter has started), but when you choose them and hit 'Connect', the app just freezes? As in you have to kill it in task manager?

A couple of things that might help me start debugging:

* Does the 'Connect' button change it's text to 'Disconnect'?
* Anything at all appear on the cab list? Even just a handful of cabs?
* See any indication on the MIDI light on the front panel of the Axe-FX?
* Have you tried changing to a different preset to see if it some cab config issue with that preset causing it to crash?

Thanks!

Thanks for the hard work on this. So far so good for me. Dragging and dropping cabs to open slots works great and it is quick and easy to audition the cabs just as advertised. Awesome application!

Version 1.01

Version 1.01 now uploaded (same download link).

Now supports saving and loading of the 'favourites' list. Now you can have collections of favourite cabs that suit various genres or styles etc!

(Hint: Right click on the 'Favourite Cabs' list to save/load)

Now supports saving and loading of the 'favourites' list. Now you can have collections of favourite cabs that suit various genres or styles etc!

EXCELLENT!!! I feel a donation coming your way ;) Just back home to my AXE after biz/holiday-trip, will check this out properly tomorrow, then I feel that I can buy some 3rd party cabs/IR and have a tool to audition them fast and efficient for the tones I am after

Holy crap you work fast! I still havent had a chance to try the app and 1.01 is now out lol. I will be home in 9hrs to play!!!!!!

Where can i read about the axepression CyberFerret?

Jakob - I have been meaning to do a blog post with some detailed descriptions and instructions etc., but just never had time.

I did post a short demo video on here a few months back: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other...-using-your-iphone-ipod-expression-pedal.html

It's a fairly simple app, but the setup *looks* complicated (it's not though). Basically, you have to:

* Plug your Axe-FX into your PC or Mac via USB or MIDI cable
* Instigate MIDI over Wifi. On the Mac, it is simply a part of the Audio/MIDI settings in the control panel. On the PC, you need to download the free RtMIDI app. This will link your iPhone/iPod to the PC via WiFi and allow you to transfer Midi.
* Fire up AxePression and set up the MIDI messages you want to send using the finger gestures.

That's it - you can now use the iPhone or iPod to send MIDI controller messages to the Axe-FX (i.e. control the Wah pedal or Volume etc. as I do on the demo in the link above).

I've been asked a few times in the past few weeks, so I better make some time to do a detailed post about the setup.

thanks a lot Cyberferret !
great work and it works fine for me: the best tool to test & use IR. Use it with no restriction.

drag & drop => navigate through with arrows and immedialtely update the IR in the cab block: efficient and very fast.
It's now in my favorite tools set on the desktop with the F-Bot.

to be integrated into the coming AE 3 ? FAS guys ?

Congrats for the work, again, nad what's more with the new update to save Favorites !

Thanks Cyber. Another great contribution from you! We have some serious talent on this forum. Win7Pro 64 Sony laptop. Works great no issues. Will check out update 1.01 later after work tonight. Saving favs is a very useful addition.

Jakob - I have been meaning to do a blog post with some detailed descriptions and instructions etc., but just never had time.

I did post a short demo video on here a few months back: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other...-using-your-iphone-ipod-expression-pedal.html

It's a fairly simple app, but the setup *looks* complicated (it's not though). Basically, you have to:

* Plug your Axe-FX into your PC or Mac via USB or MIDI cable
* Instigate MIDI over Wifi. On the Mac, it is simply a part of the Audio/MIDI settings in the control panel. On the PC, you need to download the free RtMIDI app. This will link your iPhone/iPod to the PC via WiFi and allow you to transfer Midi.
* Fire up AxePression and set up the MIDI messages you want to send using the finger gestures.

That's it - you can now use the iPhone or iPod to send MIDI controller messages to the Axe-FX (i.e. control the Wah pedal or Volume etc. as I do on the demo in the link above).

I've been asked a few times in the past few weeks, so I better make some time to do a detailed post about the setup.

Thanks alot! Is it possible just to change patches with the app? I think its a great idea, but a little hard to use live ;)

What a great app... thanks CyberFerret! I've put off messing with lots of IRs, but this will change all that.

Also wanted to let you know that it worked without a hitch on a Core 2 Duo Mac Mini (OS X 10.8.4, 8GB ram) and Win 7 using Parallels.

Great stuff... thanks again for making the world of IRs easy to work with!

Back
Top Bottom