>>> Axe-Fx Ver 8.05 and Ultra Ver 8.06 Firmware Released <<<

Re: >>> Axe-Fx and Ultra Firmware Version 8.05 Released <<<

"Improved Drive modeling for some models." :shock:
I was already thinking that the last drives were top notch. So better than top notch is...Ax-cellent.
I'm tired to say "thank you", so i don't say it. ;)

I noticed improvement in my favorite drive pedal.
The SuperOD

;)

AndrewSimon said:
The SuperOD

;)

That was one of the drives that were improved.

Bad checksum, bad checksum, bad checksum....reboot....bad checksum....change cables...bad checksum--dammit! After dozens of problem free updates over two years, this one is just like last time. I'll keep trying and hope it eventually and inexplicably works--just like last time.

Sure sounds like a nice update. :(

8.06!!!!! OML(ord)!!! I don't care if it's just a bug fix but I always get a fuzzy feeling when we get another update!!! Thanks Cliff!!!! My Axe is still in the car after Friday's gig... I'm gonna go get it right now to update! Thanks a bunch Cliff!!!

Sure enough. Try number eleven. No changes to hardware, settings, etc. Good checksum and updated. Nerve wracking as f___, but all's well. I wish I could figure out the mystery here.

Thanks for the great update Cliff!

ElectricPhase said:
Sure enough. Try number eleven. No changes to hardware, settings, etc. Good checksum and updated. Nerve wracking as f___, but all's well. I wish I could figure out the mystery here...
Same here, although I didn't keep count. I usually don't have much trouble with updates. This one was a bear. Hope v8.06 updates easier.

[Edit] No problem with v8.06. Got it on the first try. :?

Sounds great! I hope this don't sound like I am complaining but what's the deal with no new amp models Cliff? I remember reading a post where you said an amp is more likely to be modeled if someone could send a schematic well I emailed you a schematic of a Mesa Boogie Lonestar in PDF format about a month or so ago? The last amp modeled was the Cornford and that was in update 7.04, 20 updates later and still no new amp models are there any more going to be added?

brettllingle said:
Sounds great! I hope this don't sound like I am complaining but what's the deal with no new amp models Cliff? I remember reading a post where you said an amp is more likely to be modeled if someone could send a schematic well I emailed you a schematic of a Mesa Boogie Lonestar in PDF format about a month or so ago? The last amp modeled was the Cornford and that was in update 7.04, 20 updates later and still no new amp models are there any more going to be added?

It does.

THANK YOU, CLIFF :!:

brettllingle said:
I hope this don't sound like I am complaining but what's the deal with no new amp models Cliff?
Seeing the last updates, it's clear to me that Cliff is creatively following up on hunches and inspiration, which ATM I would agree is more important than boringly adding yet another amp, which is probably not that much fun for him and depends on availability. Much better now to get most effects/algorithms even more top class.
If you've ever written software or developed a database, you know how exciting it is to add more functionality and being inspired to add yet more.

OTOH, a lot of us probably feel the same like you, but that's just because we are spoiled. Have patience and go explore the other 95% of the Axe a bit, like we do ;) Amps are bound to come sooner or later, but we'll never have them all :mrgreen: so might as well quit whining now.

FractalAudio said:
AndrewSimon said:
The SuperOD

;)

Cliff:

What about the Full OD? Was it improved too, or was just the drive paremeter changed?

Even though there is a million amps modeled in the Axe I am still partial to what I used to use in the real world which is pretty much all Mesa Boogie stuff and nothing else. I was just curious to know if Cliff was done adding new amps. It seemed like when I got my Ultra there were new ones every few updates.

brettllingle said:
Even though there is a million amps modeled in the Axe I am still partial to what I used to use in the real world which is pretty much all Mesa Boogie stuff and nothing else. I was just curious to know if Cliff was done adding new amps. It seemed like when I got my Ultra there were new ones every few updates.

You just came in at a time when several were added. It is not the norm.

brettllingle said:

I know for a fact you came to the Axe-FX party late in the game from your posts on the JP forum. Do you have any idea how much free stuff Cliff has given us since the unit was first released? You need to consider that before you post or you're going to sound exactly like someone who is complaining without cause. Cliff generally has not added new amp models with every firmware (which is what you appear to think he does), when he does it, it's usually in batches as part of major firmware revisions, not incremental versions like this.

Have you actually tried to create the sounds you want using other models + EQ and advanced page tweaks? I'd be more than willing to be you can get very close to most of the Lonestar tones using other amps plus that stuff...

FractalAudio said:
AndrewSimon said:
The SuperOD

;)

Thanks for the update Cliff! Could you tell us what other drives were improved?

gittarzann said:
mtlin said:
AndrewSimon said:
The SuperOD

;)

Thanks for the update Cliff! Could you tell us what other drives were improved?

RTFRN

Back atcha :D Which drives were improved are not listed ;)

It does not say which need to be auditioned because of the drive change but that is separate from the drive improvements

Back
Top Bottom