Axe fx routing for live?

licandro7

Hey guys!
I'm kind of a noob and I need some help! I need to learn how to set up my axe fx for live use (FOH).

I have a power conditioner, power amp (matrix gt1600) and the Axe fx 2 XL.

Now first question: do I need the power amp to go FOH? Or can I just connect the output 1 of my axe fx straight to FOH?

Secondly, if I do need the power amp, is it simply: output 1 on axe fx to input on power amp, then output on power amp to FOH?

Thirdly, is there anything in the axe fx unit I have to change like a certain setting etc.?

Lastly, is there certain cables I could use to keep things neat on the backs of my units?

Thanks!!

Hey guys!
I'm kind of a noob and I need some help! I need to learn how to set up my axe fx for live use (FOH).

I have a power conditioner, power amp (matrix gt1600) and the Axe fx 2 XL.

Now first question: do I need the power amp to go FOH? Or can I just connect the output 1 of my axe fx straight to FOH?

Secondly, if I do need the power amp, is it simply: output 1 on axe fx to input on power amp, then output on power amp to FOH?

Thirdly, is there anything in the axe fx unit I have to change like a certain setting etc.?

Lastly, is there certain cables I could use to keep things neat on the backs of my units?

Thanks!!
OUT1 - > FOH
OUT2 -> AMP
Set COPY OUT1 -> OUT2 ON.
If you don't want to do that, set up the effect loop SEND ahead of the CAB block and OUT2 -> Amp.

There are other ways to do this...

OUT1 - > FOH
OUT2 -> AMP
Set COPY OUT1 -> OUT2 ON.
If you don't want to do that, set up the effect loop SEND ahead of the CAB block and OUT2 -> Amp.

There are other ways to do this...
Thanks for the help! So is the output 2 for the stage monitering? Only because I don't have a cab

Thanks for the help! So is the output 2 for the stage monitering? Only because I don't have a cab
Not specifically no, but that's what many use it for... you could set it up the other way around - OUT2 to FOH and OUT1 to monitor mix.
If you don't have a cab, there's not much point in sending OUT2 to the Matrix.... no? - as you have nothing thru which to monitor that signal.
If you are on stage, you can have the FOH folks send you OUT1 mix back to the monitor wedge. Some do it that way...
it's flexible.. there's lots of ways to set this up.

Back
Top Bottom