Axe-Fx III - PDF Manual!

SOME Roland manuals from the 80s were amazing. I believe I am thinking of the GP100, the SDX-330, etc. In fact, these are some of our inspirations for trying to do a good job. We want people to look back and remember a manual that didn't suck.

I always loved reading mesa boogies literature, and manuals way back when.

Speaking of wiki. It says that USB Adapter Mode is now gone. And I couldn't find anything in the manual about sending and receiving messages to and from a connected computer.

Is it possible at all?

EDIT: Found this in the MIDI/Remote: Bypass page:

CC messages can be sent by a MIDI controller or computer connected to the Axe-Fx III MIDI IN jack, or via the USB connection of the Axe-Fx III.

So it CAN function as a MIDI over USB device. Great.

Last edited:
OMG Yek... that looks like it took some time and effort... and it basically answers my question! :) You Rock!!!

Last edited:
Thank you!
I saw a null IR as a selection and I wondered in what context this might help a user creating a preset.
Anyone here employ this selection?
in the past, some wanted to use Proximity, Mic Preamp, or other Cab block features, but without an actual change in tone due to an IR. it's usually a specific need.

Did I read correctly that you can only use amps at a time? So if I wanted to make a patch that 4 musicians can play through is that not possible using 4 different amps?

in the past, some wanted to use Proximity, Mic Preamp, or other Cab block features, but without an actual change in tone due to an IR. it's usually a specific need.
thank you as well! :)
So I’m reading it could be used as a blank canvas upon which to utilize the cab parameters to create an effect!
hmmmm....

So regarding MIDI, do Channel settings mimic the scene settings in functionality?

In other words, you know how MIDI control in Scenes is basically a single CC with 8 parameter values? Do channels work the same way? Can I assign Amp1’s Channel Changes to like CC#35, values 0-3 ?

Back
Top Bottom