Axe-Fx III - PDF Manual!

Typically a "glass-half-empty" kind of response.

90% of this manual is complete, including stuff that previous manuals didn't cover. Its contents and comprehensive style are exemplary when compared to other brands.

Most blocks are identical to the old ones, so for the moment readers are redirected to that (and only that) part of the II's manual.
The new blocks are all described in the new manual. Also, the hardware GUI is more descriptive (longer parameter names i.e.).

Give it some time and the remaining blocks will be included. And their descriptions will probably be pretty the same as you can now read in the II's manual.

Give it some time and the remaining blocks will be included. And their descriptions will probably be pretty the same as you can now read in the II's manual.

I know.

There are other missing pieces though, like the Scene MIDI block referring to the FC section which is simply empty.

Look, I’m not complaining or anything, just find it a bit weird to see such praise for something that’s clearly unfinished and is a work in progress.

I don’t mind dealing with work in progress things, but they are what they are.

I really Like the new Manual.
the explanations and steps for setting up Levels, routing ,modifiers really is well laid out and easy to follow.
obviously the Fc6 config is not available yet but to people in the know could i configure the Fc6 as

Preset 1 ---hold bank up
Preset 2
Preset 3 ------hold for layout .to get into a stomp /effect on/off
Scene 1 ------hold bank down
Scene 2
Scene 3 ------hold for tuner

for what I have read about customization it appears this is easily possible .

the only other things that I really would love to have seen in the manual is the 512 presets list ,and the list of cabs but i am guessing that more likely to be coming to the F3 WIKI Yek???

I think it looks definitely easier to use overall , and I am blown away w/the amount of stuff you can have in just one preset .

Speaking of levels.

Did I miss something or are numerical values are now missing?

If they are missing, and given that meters have only that red stripe 10 dB below clipping, matching levels between presets will be more difficult to set up compared to the II, in some scenarios.

Some interesting new parameters in the amp block.
Tube mismatch and depth frequency

The controllers are independent across channels. I wonder if this means auto engage can be used for one channel, and off on another channel

Looks like the initial setup for midi will be a huge pain in the ass, but the difficulty should taper off the further you get into it. Hopefully there is a "learn" function somewhere so you don't have to enter numbers every time you make a preset, but you could just hit the button you want to use. I can see how the flexibility would be a huge boon to the big time guys who have techs to set up their stuff, but to the average schmuck like me, it makes for a lot of extra work. Doesn't really change my decision to get one though.

found a typo in the manual:

on page 33 “you may split or merge up to four ways” should be “six ways”? the accompanying graphic shows the new 6 row grid

02534D7A-4D53-4E02-A15F-87467ABDA8FB.jpeg

Yek it just amazes me how quickly you get all this info together and up. Thanks so much for this and all your hellp over the years. Just Great Man................Frank

100% agree, very informative link. I also like that Yek’s Amp Guide got officially mentioned in the manual for being the best resource for info on the amp models.

Thanks for always keeping the community so well informed yek!

The controllers are independent across channels.

You may be mixed up.
The Controllers "Block" has 4 channels (LFO1, LFO2, Sequencer, etc.)
Modifiers, on the other hand, are shared across channels as they were shared by X and Y.

missing block descriptions and setup

Setup is fully documented in Section 12. Some Block descriptions are still being ported to the new manual template, but a link is provided on the first page of Section 8 to all of the information that isn't there yet. ALL of the new blocks are fully documented.

Back
Top Bottom