Axe-Fx III - PDF Manual!

Matt mentioned this was to be included in the manual in the future. i'll be designing a preset for a Mag + Piezo like i did for the AX8, and possibly a multiple guitar preset as well.
That is great...

I would like to get my hands on that preset when you got it available

Last edited:
Sorry, I was using the wrong terminology. I'm already using a generic foot controller. I was talking about setting the assigned MIDI CCs within the preset to the same as they are on the II (for those that correspond) and then using that preset as a template. So those assigned CC numbers should carry over when it is saved as a new preset.
Do you mean CC assignments in the controller presets? Yeah, that should work.

Manual says that the unit includes (in addition to 2 DSPs, 2 CPUs, etc) "a proprietary FPGA". I know what a FPGA is, but what do you think they're doing with it?

My guess is at least cab modeling (impulse response processing, convolution).
FPGAs are very good at this. Well, among many other things but it's not as easily accessible as CPU/DSP. You better know exactly what you want before writing the first line of RTL code...

Edit asked google and apparently on some earlier product, "A 200K gate FPGA provides peripheral functionality and system bus management." So maybe it's not in the audio path after all.

Last edited:
Thanks all, for the very kind compliments.

On Saturday, I uploaded a major new version of the manual to the Fractal Audio web site. It now includes the detail on every effect block and parameter, plus additional FAQ throughout. At this point, one could even call it complete.

There are two companion documents that will be released:

1) a new version of the Tone Match Mini Manual, and
2) A guide for Using the Axe-Fx III with an FC Series Controller

On Saturday, I uploaded a major new version of the manual to the Fractal Audio web site. It now includes the detail on every effect block and parameter, plus additional FAQ throughout. At this point, one could even call it complete.

Thank you!

Thanks @Admin M@

Back
Top Bottom