Axe-Fx III - PDF Manual!

Did I read correctly that you can only use amps at a time? So if I wanted to make a patch that 4 musicians can play through is that not possible using 4 different amps?
No, you can only have two amp blocks per preset. You might be able to share an amp and then break to different paths from there, but not four amp blocks at once.

So regarding MIDI, do Channel settings mimic the scene settings in functionality?

In other words, you know how MIDI control in Scenes is basically a single CC with 8 parameter values? Do channels work the same way? Can I assign Amp1’s Channel Changes to like CC#35, values 0-3 ?
exactly.

Using the Axe-Fx III front panel, I was able to set the above up easily.

Thanks so much M , then the FC6 when available will work for me

I am guessing because the FC is said to be a dumb controller , the Axe3 Syncs with it when plugged in and loads all the switching options and behaviours the user saved on the A3 menu

AFAIK amp models are the same as the II's. There's an additional Friedman BE type, which models the C45 switch on the real amp.

The list of cabs will be added to the wiki. Maybe even today, time permitting.

Yek , thanks so much ,is there any chance of a preset list if it has been even finalized yet ??

So regarding MIDI, do Channel settings mimic the scene settings in functionality?

In other words, you know how MIDI control in Scenes is basically a single CC with 8 parameter values? Do channels work the same way? Can I assign Amp1’s Channel Changes to like CC#35, values 0-3 ?

I must be missing something in the manual... is the default CC# for channels actually 35? The manual has the value table on page 121, but I don't see the CC# for channel.

Mind you, I'm guessing it may be user-assignable in MIDI/Remote menu under SETUP... in which case:

I must be missing something in the manual... is the default CC# for channels actually 35? The manual has the value table on page 121, but I don't see the CC# for channel.

Mind you, I'm guessing it may be user-assignable in MIDI/Remote menu under SETUP... in which case:

There are NO default CCs per the manual... You decide what you want to use.

as mentioned earlier, currently there are no CC# defaults, like we had with the Axe-Fx II. way too many things now to be controlled, so it's up to the user to determine what they actually need to assign, and are free to use whatever numbers they want. i think GreatGreen just chose "35" since it's close to "34" which used to be the default for Scenes. i think i actually did the same thing months ago.

as mentioned earlier, currently there are no CC# defaults, like we had with the Axe-Fx II. way too many things now to be controlled, so it's up to the user to determine what they actually need to assign, and are free to use whatever numbers they want. i think GreatGreen just chose "35" since it's close to "34" which used to be the default for Scenes. i think i actually did the same thing months ago.

Thanks. :)

Yeah I should have been more clear. I was just using CC#35 as an example.

Is there a list of the preset banks somewhere out there? i'm sure many of us would be interested. Please post the link if it exists.

I didn't see any Petrucci IR(s). Maybe I missed it.x

Awesome. Thank you for this! Quick question @yek, I currently use factory cabs F160 4x12 5153 121 G (*) and F161 4x12 5153 4047 G (*). Are those now 344 --- 4x12 5153 121 G --- FAS --- and 362 --- 4x12 5153 4047 G --- FAS --- in the III? Thanks for your time.

No worries! Apart from the 2 gigantic banks with new IRs, the III also contains all 189 stocks cabs from the II in its "Legacy" bank.

Hi guys. I have a setup question. In “Connecting pedals directly pg 12” Is the manual saying that I can set up one dedicated expression pedal and one double switch foot controller for functions? Or is it one expression pedal and one single bottom foot switch function controller? Thanks.

Hi guys. I have a setup question. In “Connecting pedals directly pg 12” Is the manual saying that I can set up one dedicated expression pedal and one double switch foot controller for functions? Or is it one expression pedal and one single bottom foot switch function controller? Thanks.

Single.

Yeah I should have been more clear. I was just using CC#35 as an example.

As a follow-up, it hit me that this didn't identify which block was having channel changes. From Pages 42 & 100, it looks like we need to assign a CC# manually for each block we want to change channels via midi? That could add up pretty quick!

As a follow-up, it hit me that this didn't identify which block was having channel changes. From Pages 42 & 100, it looks like we need to assign a CC# manually for each block we want to change channels via midi? That could add up pretty quick!

Same as X/Y on the II. But this time you can choose.

Back
Top Bottom