Axe-Fx III - New User Presets Thread!

Here ya go. Take note of the VOL/Pan block, bypass assign or turn into a shunt.
I had a preset in my list titled "Purple" which gets used on solos like Purple Rain, hence the title. I couldn't remember where it came from... and now I do. I believe it was called Mark Day's HBE when I first encountered it! Thanks Mark, now I don't have to start from scratch to re-invent it on the III.

I know this is probably common sense for most but how the heck to you import a preset without AXE edit
I amp guessing Fractal bot ?

Just a shout out to @austinbuddy , These presets are really great. When you get your preset package for the 3 ready I am 100% sold. Thx for the freebies!

The Univibe is my favorite

I couldn't agree anymore! The Austin Buddy package for the AX8 was/is amazing and my go to source for creating new presets. So, as soon as you have time to create the same type of package for the III @austinbuddy, I am all in!!!!

I couldn't agree anymore! The Austin Buddy package for the AX8 was/is amazing and my go to source for creating new presets. So, as soon as you have time to create the same type of package for the III @austinbuddy, I am all in!!!!

I am working on it. Most of the presets are done actually, in terms of simply porting over. The editor is helping process. The thing that will take the longest is auditioning/using the new cabs to make them sound even better than the prior versions where possible — an extra 2048 Cabs is a LOT! They will sound different because the firmware ARES is different overall EQ signature than Quantum, but will still sound great!

I'm very much looking forward to this!

Are you going to make use of the Scenes to cut down on the number of presets? It would be cool to be able to load in all your presets ... and still have some slots left open for others I might find or make!

I am working on it. Most of the presets are done actually, in terms of simply porting over. The editor is helping process. The thing that will take the longest is auditioning/using the new cabs to make them sound even better than the prior versions where possible — an extra 2048 Cabs is a LOT! They will sound different because the firmware ARES is different overall EQ signature than Quantum, but will still sound great!
gggggimmmieeee

actually i should talk to you about some custom presets for my live show...when you have some time

actually i should talk to you about some custom presets for my live show...when you have some time
Bruce: email me heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com and describe what you want/are looking for, if I can help you out I will, but yes I'm pretty focused on there III. So others here (like Moke) am told also do a very good of this (making custom presets). It's not really what I do, but I enjoy helping people "find their tone."

Bruce: email me heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com and describe what you want/are looking for, if I can help you out I will, but yes I'm pretty focused on there III. So others here (like Moke) am told also do a very good of this (making custom presets). It's not really what I do, but I enjoy helping people "find their tone."
cool will do

Hi Axe III fans:

Perhaps the Moderators will make this thread it's own section for presets?

Just wanted to share two Axe III presets I made for vintage-style Stratocasters that use 8 scenes, plus a multi-Bogner XTC patch that works great for humbuckers as well as single coils.

All should work under Ares firmware 1.03.

1. Austin Johnson's Strat - clean to dirty rhythm to Plexi leads

2. '67 JH London Strat - clean to dirty to fuzz to fuzzier to uni-vibey to Octvia

3. XTC Blue & Red SuperRig - 8 Scenes of Vintage XTC with EL34's, both Blue and Red channels, including the Boost as a scene for each, plus the Modern 6L6 Versions too.

Attaching them. Will also try to upload to Axe-Change if it allows Axe III presets.

Enjoy!
The Austin Johnson’s Strat preset is my favorite! Thanks!

Hi everyone: For any those of you who really want to get your ARES presets sounding like the presets on an Ax8 or Axe-FX from firmware 8.02 or 9.02, want to give you some tips I've found.

If you are like me, you may want a little more definition in the upper mids. Rather than using Bass/Middle/Treble, I've found there are two ways to get that extra upper mid lift that was present in 8.02 I love so much but isn't there when running ARES on any of your presets you may be porting over.

You can either

A) go into an amp block and add 0.50 to 1db at the 4Khz area - that will give you the missing presence.

OR

B) go into the negative feedback parameter in the amp block for each amp (X/Y) you want to brighten, and add at least "1 to 2" to the value there (to taste). For example, if the amp negative feedback is set to 2.5, try a value 3.5 and see if you like that better. The higher the number, the brighter the amp will get.

Important: For any Class-A amps (amps with negative feedback, these will show a "zero" value on the amp page - like Vox, Morgans, Matchless, some Dr. Zs, etc.) those are fine. Leave them alone - they are good to go as is.

Also, an update: I'm focused on creating an expanded TonePack version for the Axe-III that is already approaching 1000+ distinct tones! It will contain every sound in the current 700+ Naked Amps TonePack -- but the new version adds more amp variations and expands on some classic and modern amps. So every amp will have at least two tones still, but some will have as many as 12 shades of tones.

Because I have to match using the 2048 new factory cabs (I still use Legacy ones too that sound great), this one is taking some time to complete and be done "right." As of now, I expect it will become available sometime in June. The AxeIII-Editor being built out is an essential part on getting the product done properly, and that is coming along nicely by Fractal.

I'll drop a free example preset or two in this thread and on Axe-Change as examples as I go along...

Have to say I am LOVING the Axe-III -- so much power, naming of scenes is extremely helpful for TonePack stuff, and it sounds amazing! Cheers!

Here ya go. Take note of the VOL/Pan block, bypass assign or turn into a shunt.
Hey Mark,

These are great and raised a number of Q's for me as to where you put the volume block, the multiple delays and choruses. I guess in the end trust your ears and like I said they sound great but interested in what made you do it that way.

Thanks

MM

Hey @austinbuddy , just wondering if there will be any bass presets in your upcoming preset pack for the 3?

Yes - I do hope to do a few. I would like to consult with a few “name” but local bass players in creating them, but depends on their availability/schedule.

Tell me what you would like to see in bass presets? That would be helpful. Really to do all this right is going to take some time...it may be the bass presets come in a later update...

Back
Top Bottom