Axe-Fx III - New User Presets Thread!

Just uploaded the three presets in original post up to Axe-Change area, compatible with firmware 1.09 (coming soon)...

Re-discovered the joys of an SG with humbuckers into the Marshall Super Lead amp amp model. The amp is super gainey, but it will sustain and sing notes for days, and feedback on any note you want.

Here is an 8 scene preset for the Axe III showing some of the amps' versatility. There is even an "Iron Man" scene. No drive blocks used!

Super cool...will be part of the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack package coming in next few weeks. Hardest part in this deciding the cabs -- too many good choices. One amp setting can become four different great sounds using four different cabs independently.

Attachments

• Marshall Super Lead.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 71
Hi Axe III fans:

Perhaps the Moderators will make this thread it's own section for presets?

Just wanted to share two Axe III presets I made for vintage-style Stratocasters that use 8 scenes, plus a multi-Bogner XTC patch that works great for humbuckers as well as single coils.

All should work under Ares firmware 1.03.

1. Austin Johnson's Strat - clean to dirty rhythm to Plexi leads

2. '67 JH London Strat - clean to dirty to fuzz to fuzzier to uni-vibey to Octvia

3. XTC Blue & Red SuperRig - 8 Scenes of Vintage XTC with EL34's, both Blue and Red channels, including the Boost as a scene for each, plus the Modern 6L6 Versions too.

Attaching them. Will also try to upload to Axe-Change if it allows Axe III presets.

Enjoy!

Presets sound wonderful! Really appreciate your efforts.

Cheers,

Lee

Are these part of the 1000+ Naked Amp Tones pack?

The Marshall Super Lead is - that is a true "naked amps" preset. Both the others posted are two, in the bonus section (not naked amps) but there are better versions (more up to date) in the pack than what is on Axe-Change.

Here's three fun presets I just uploaded to Axe-Change for the Axe-Fx III...

1. Brian Might or May?- a Queen patch I made after seeing "Killer Queen" live. The guitar player uses an AX8!

2. Texas LoneStar -- has some good Andy Timmons clean and lead sounds in scenes 5 to 8, this is from the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack.

3. Diezel Herbert Amp -- has multiple scenes (awesome amp!), including one of my favorite tones of all, Scene 5 "Salvation" which totally makes me want to play the Black Crowe's "Sometimes Salvation" with my Gibson SG.

Enjoy!

Here's three fun presets I just uploaded to Axe-Change for the Axe-Fx III...

1. Brian Might or May?- a Queen patch I made after seeing "Killer Queen" live. The guitar player uses an AX8!

2. Texas LoneStar -- has some good Andy Timmons clean and lead sounds in scenes 5 to 8, this is from the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack.

3. Diezel Herbert Amp -- has multiple scenes (awesome amp!), including one of my favorite tones of all, Scene 5 "Salvation" which totally makes me want to play the Black Crowe's "Sometimes Salvation" with my Gibson SG.

Enjoy!
Nice, Buddy! What guitar do you use with Brian Might or May?

Nice, Buddy! What guitar do you use with Brian Might or May?
You can use hums or singles... to get closest to that Burns pickup sound I’d use a Tele bridge pup or a Strat bridge. It’s weird because May runs his amps full out but all the tone controls are on zero and hi cut is still turned up! He used the cocked wah to get treble for leads and uses his volume knob for lower gain sounds. I put the battling ping-pong delays in the preset too. The Killer Queen concert was a lot of fun and worth seeing.

His Brian May custom guitar is a very short scale — only 24” and he uses light strings! Must be easy as heck to bend strings and do vibrato. Always curious about playing one, never have!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom