Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.02

Wasn't going to chime in on this since everyone already stated how good this update is, but after this FW update, I cannot stop playing my guitars. Even with my simple FRFR powered PA speaker, it sounds and feels so great. I don't care how much my rig sounds like a "real" amp any more - I just want great tone and feel, and I have that, without the hassles and limitations of tube amps. Loving my FC-6 too. Can't wait to gig it in a couple weeks. Thank you @FractalAudio for making guitar more fun for me, and making my band sound better!

Ar there advantages to using the send/returns and parallel patterns?
The send/return in most cases are just "organizational" - they allow you to "wrap" the signal on the grid. You could also use them to create feedback loops...;)

Using parallel routing is usually to achieve a specific effect, such as having both Reverb and Delay where neither feeds it's output to the other's input.

Or a case (like with the @brianv4 posted) where you want to select between one of various that share the same "position" in the signal chain.

I just updated the firmware and the USB input volume decreased significantly. I'm using a pair of Yamaha HS7's and I had to increase the volume on this and with the output volume on OUT1 set to over 50% it's not even close to what it was before the update. I'm talking about using the Axe FX III as a soundcard, playing music fraom TIDAL and Spotify. Anyone else having these kind of problems?

I just updated the firmware and the USB input volume decreased significantly. I'm using a pair of Yamaha HS7's and I had to increase the volume on this and with the output volume on OUT1 set to over 50% it's not even close to what it was before the update. I'm talking about using the Axe FX III as a soundcard, playing music fraom TIDAL and Spotify. Anyone else having these kind of problems?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...silent-after-fw-2-03-heres-what-to-do.145133/

I was working on a custom preset for a client this weekend and discovered some odd things with the new 'channel switching' architecture in a few blocks, as well as a couple other things.

There are some blocks that have a gap when switching channels that is expected. The Amp block, the Cab block, the Drive block, and the IR player block, etc.... However there are some new anomalies/bugs that showed up with this new architecture that I don't think are intended?
  1. The 'Drive' block - There is now a small gap when activating and bypassing this block? Even if the mix is set to 0? Not sure if this was there before, or expected?
  2. The 'Filter' and 'GEQ' blocks - There is now a gap when switching channels? (this is not the case with the 'PEQ' block).
  3. The 'Multitap Delay' block - There is a gap in the delay trails which is probably normal, but this doesn't happen in the 'Delay', 'Plex Delay', and the 'Ten-Tap Delay' blocks?
  4. The 'Phaser' block - There is a gap when switching channels and there is also a gap when activating and bypassing this block? Even if the mix is set to 0?
  5. The 'Reverb' block - There is a gap in the trails which is probably normal, but this doesn't happen in the Delay, Plex Delay, and the Ten-Tap Delay blocks?
  6. The 'Flanger' block - There is no gap when switching channels, but there is a 'click' when activating and bypassing this block while audio is passing through? I've noticed this for a while now.

Last edited:
I was working on a custom preset for a client this weekend and discovered some odd things with the new 'channel switching' architecture in a few blocks, as well as a couple other things.

There are some blocks that have a gap when switching channels that is expected. The Amp block, the Cab block, the Drive block, and the IR player block. However there are some new anomalies/bugs that showed up with this new architecture that I don't think are intended?
  1. The 'Drive' block - There is now a small gap when activating and bypassing this block? Even if the mix is set to 0? Not sure if this was there before?
  2. The 'Filter' and 'GEQ' blocks - There is now a gap when switching channels? (this is not the case with the 'PEQ' block).
  3. The 'Multitap Delay' block - There is a gap in the delay trails which is probably normal, but this doesn't happen in the 'Delay', 'Plex Delay', and the 'Ten-Tap Delay' blocks?
  4. The 'Phaser' block - There is a gap when switching channels and there is also a gap when activating and bypassing this block? Even if the mix is set to 0?
  5. The 'Reverb' block - There is a gap in the trails which is probably normal, but this doesn't happen in the Delay, Plex Delay, and the Ten-Tap Delay blocks?
  6. The 'Flanger' block - There is no gap when switching channels, but there is a 'click' when activating and bypassing this block while audio is passing through?
I noticed a gap when changing Filter block channels on one of the previous recent firmware versions, but it seems it went away with the 5.02.

I noticed a gap when changing Filter block channels on one of the previous recent firmware versions, but it seems it went away with the 5.02.
Strange? I never messed with any of the betas. I'm on 5.02 right now and went through every block (with channels), starting with a blank preset. The Filter block (and the others listed above) are doing this for me?

Last edited:
Strange? I never messed with any of the other betas. I'm on 5.02 right now and went through every block (with channels). The Filter block (and the others listed above) are doing it for me?
Now that I think about it I changed all the scenes to use the same filter channel to avoid the gap back when I first encountered it. I designed my main patch to avoid changing channels on all block if possible. With the latest firmware, scene changes for me are seamless.

Now that I think about it I changed all the scenes to use the same filter channel to avoid the gap back when I first encountered it. I designed my main patch to avoid changing channels on all block if possible. With the latest firmware, scene changes for me are seamless.
As a whole, the new architecture is awesome! Just a few odd things that I'm pretty sure are not intended?

Hi Moke, I noticed there no anymore gap on some blocks like drive, at least about the effects type I use.
The only noticeable gap still remain on Amp and Cab.

Bye

I just ran through my presets and scenes and found no lags or anomalies. However, they are very simple with 3 or 4 scenes, input, comp, drive, pitch, amps, cabs, delay or other effect, reverb, no loops, split to 2 PEQ and out 1 and 2. I'm sure they are not as complex as your presets. But I'm not experiencing any lag, unless I'm using Axe Edit, which is normal. Most of my presets are below 60%, if that has anything to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom