Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/3p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_3p01.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved amp modeling.

Improved speaker compliance algorithm.

Improved algorithms for modulation effects.

Improved Tone Match block graphs.

Improved Reverb block.

Added “EQ Off / On” control to Amp block. This modifiable parameter turns the graphic EQ on and off.

Added Plex Verb type to Plex block. While the Reverb block is designed for authentic, natural-sounding reverbs, the Plex Verb type is designed for large, ethereal reverb sounds. This type is also simple to use with no time, tempo, level or pan parameters required. For best results turn the Diffusion Mix up when using this type.

Added Spread and Pre-Delay controls to Plex block.

Increased the range of the Low Freq Time and High Freq Time in the Reverb block. This allows for creative reverb sounds. Several new reverb types have been added to illustrate these effects.

The Chorus, Flanger, Plex, Reverb and Rotary blocks now supports Spread values from -200% to 200%. Values beyond +/-100% increase the apparent image beyond the stereo field. The action of the spread control has also been improved so that the apparent volume remains constant vs. spread value.

Fixed IR Capture utility sometimes not working in Cab+DI mode.

Fixed slow response in IR Capture configuration menu when changing bank/slot.

Fixed Cabinet block graphs not showing traces for non-UltraRes IRs.

Fixed Input Source for Pitch Follower not exposed.

Fixed FC-X custom Mini-Display Label for Effect, Chan Select.

Last edited:
Here's a demo preset illustrating possible uses of the new Plex Verb and improved Reverb.

Note that the MUX block in the provided preset has Pedal 2 attached to it as a modifier source.

Great reverb sounds. The wide stereo field in the effect blocks is great too.

When changing the type to the new Plex Reverb in an existing (global) Plex Delay block in a preset, Reverb Size is set to 0% which results in a flanging sound. Resetting the block and selecting Plex Reverb solves this.

Also, in existing (global) Plex Delay blocks, Stereo Spread is set to -200% after upgrading.

Last edited:
Here's a demo preset illustrating possible uses of the new Plex Verb and improved Reverb.
I'm not getting any sound out of the preset. I upgraded to the new firmware prior to installing the preset via fractal bot. I don't see anything obvious in the preset and my others are working fine...where should I look for an issue?

I'm not getting any sound out of the preset. I upgraded to the new firmware prior to installing the preset via fractal bot. I don't see anything obvious in the preset and my others are working fine...where should I look for an issue?

See above. Set the modifier source to NONE in the MUX block, and select Row 3 as Input Select.

The way to troubleshoot this on an Axe-Fx III is easy. Go to the Layout screen, go to the Meters tab, and watch which block doesn't pass signal. Check that block's settings.

Last edited:
I never used my neck pickup much, but it sure came alive with rev 3 of FW. And the new verbs are very nice. My head is going to explode between these updates and the FC-12.

Back
Top Bottom