Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Cliff I was wondering if you could make the rate control on the flanger to go higher/ faster. So close to a cool Steve Stevens ray gun sound but the rate needs to be just a bit higher than the control does on this beta.
Would be nice to have faster rate in phasers too. Some phasers exceed the rate of the Axe FX block.

one of my all time favorites, I had the wedged style enclosure with the “balls” control. best sounding phaser ever. Now they are several hundred dollars easily, I probably sold mine for $25 :(
yeah, great sounding Phaser. been on countless records too. often overlooked these days due to the Phase 90 popularity...

I remember hearing Dave Friedman talk about making a vibe pedal, and he said the truly difficult part was getting the lightbulb/photocell correct, just as Cliff said. I think Line 6 modeled a lightbulb for the Helix's univibe.

Have to say the quality of the Vibe in the AX8 helped swing it for me when choosing an AX8 over the Helix

Love a big vibe,

Last edited:
Few more days. I updated the Phaser block. All new algorithms. Selectable VCR types (JFET, Photocell). Feedback to any stage (except the last one).

The Vibe is awesome now IMO. Sounds better than my DejaVibe. Plus you can control the response of the photocells and all kinds of cool things.

We're waiting for a few phasers to show up in the mail so we can match them. The MXRs already came in and have been modeled. Waiting on a Bad Stone, Bi-Phase and a couple others.

I'm debating exposing the capacitor values for the vibe stages. I've been experimenting with different virtual values. It's a mystery why the UniVibe uses the values it does but they do sound good. I tried geometric spacing of the values and it sounds pretty cool (i.e. 1, 8, 64, 512 nF). Not sure if anyone would use this. With all the values the same you definitely lose that characteristic sound.

Does the plural MXRs include the Phase 45 (script logo maybe)?

Regardless - the Phaser block update is exciting news! :)

Too much information! :eek:

I was gonna describe my enjoyment of a throbbing vibe.

But figured that was pushing forum rules.

I mean, I was just talking about guitar effects, but some of y'all are dirty minded musos and would think I was on about something else that usually involves things where you get sweaty and have to clean up afterwards
Which i wasn't.
So calm down

Last edited:
The Trower sound is a gold standard. Bridge of Sighs is a desert island record for sure.
Peerless. Timeless.

What do you do to get in that ballpark Tim? I'm a vibe noob.

Back in the early Axe FX Ultra days, I used a Fulltone Dejavibe because I thought it sounded better than the vibe in the Ultra. If a Dejavibe works for Robin Trower, it works for me. At some point, Cliff updated the phaser block with a substantially improved vibe so I switched to using the builtin effect and really have just stuck with it when I went to the AxeII, AX8, AxeIII. It's not quite as chewy and organic as the Dejavibe but in a mix with the band it really works well. The news that Cliff has bested his Dejavibe has me VERY intrigued!

Back in the early Axe FX Ultra days, I used a Fulltone Dejavibe because I thought it sounded better than the vibe in the Ultra. If a Dejavibe works for Robin Trower, it works for me. At some point, Cliff updated the phaser block with a substantially improved vibe so I switched to using the builtin effect and really have just stuck with it when I went to the AxeII, AX8, AxeIII. It's not quite as chewy and organic as the Dejavibe but in a mix with the band it really works well. The news that Cliff has bested his Dejavibe has me VERY intrigued!

I had a Deja for a while and it had such a bold character whether for Trower style stuff or wackier vibrato sounds. Also VERY intrigued to hear the new Phaser block :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom