Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta 1

. With it set to yes, it selects an appropriate curve. But only if you haven’t already selected one. .
This is NOT how it’s working here. I have a preset that I selected new curves for in the previous beta, and if I have the global option set to yes, it is changing the curves I chose before to the “appropriate” ones. Is this to be expected?

but will be very inconvenient when auditioning cabs having to jump back and forth, unfortunately.

True, but it's been this way from the beginning. Prior to FW11 each amp had a default speaker imped curve that approximated a cab that "typically" goes with the amp. In the AFX whenever we "audition cabs" we are actually auditioning the freq response of "cab to mic". This approach doesn't change in FW11, only the accuracy of the imped curve and the ability to select based on measurements of a variety of them.

Coupling the impedance to the cab type would be a major design overhaul and might break the modular approach we have right now. Plus there would be a bunch of new metadata required to tie imped curves to 1000s of amps by different providers. Perhaps the functionality could be done outside of the unit in AE/Fractool.

You could keep the amp block tab open on the Axe while keeping the cab block tab open in Axe-Edit if your compuer and Axe are close enough together to reach....
True, but in the studio the hardware is quite a reach from the regular desk position -- primarily due to fan noise.

Last edited:
True, but it's been this way from the beginning. Prior to FW11 each amp had a default speaker imped curve that approximated a cab that "typically" goes with the amp. In the AFX whenever we "audition cabs" we are actually auditioning the freq response of "cab to mic". This approach doesn't change in FW11, only the accuracy of the imped curve and the ability to select based on measurements of a variety of them.

Coupling the impedance to the cab type would be a major design overhaul and might break the modular approach we have right now.
That makes sense. Perhaps a quick link button on the cab edit section of axe edit to quickly move between the imp selection? Just a thought.

That makes sense. Perhaps a quick link button on the cab edit section of axe edit to quickly move between the imp selection? Just a thought.

If you're using Axe-Edit, you can select cabs in the Cab block while scrolling through the curves from the front panel.

Last edited:
Didn't mess with beta 0, installed beta 1 and had to bring a lot of bass down on almost all presets. I very much like it after the tweaking though, just need to tweak some presets now, this is not an install and play a gig firmware, unless you set the default to no.

Last edited:
This is NOT how it’s working here. I have a preset that I selected new curves for in the previous beta, and if I have the global option set to yes, it is changing the curves I chose before to the “appropriate” ones. Is this to be expected?
Me too. Most of my presets are changed form the default curve & none of them are being left alone. It's changing all of them back to the default curve so I have to set it again.:( Back to setting the default to no!

Me too. Most of my presets are changed form the default curve & none of them are being left alone. It's changing all of them back to the default curve so I have to set it again.:( Back to setting the default to no!
Yep, just wonder if this is the intended behavior or not.

If you have it set to YES that's exactly what is supposed to happen. RTRN.

If you have it set to YES that's exactly what is supposed to happen. RTRN.
I thought it would only change if it was on the old pre v11 curve, not if a new v11 curve was selected. The notes could be interpreted either way IMHO but they are to be taken 100% literally. No problem. Like I said, I went back to the NO setting. All is well!

I thought it would only change if it was on the old pre v11 curve, not if a new v11 curve was selected. The notes could be interpreted either way IMHO but they are to be taken 100% literally. No problem. Like I said, I went back to the NO setting. All is well!
The notes say "Presets". If a PRESET was created PRIOR to THIS firmware selecting YES will update the Amp block to use an appropriate default Speaker Impedance Curve.

The notes say "Presets". If a PRESET was created PRIOR to THIS firmware selecting YES will update the Amp block to use an appropriate default Speaker Impedance Curve.
I get it...now. It was not 100% clear that it was THIS FIRMWARE ONLY, not the first beta. Maybe clearer release notes would help avoid confusion like this.

"Setting Global “Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" parameter to YES will automatically update the Speaker Impedance Curve for the Amp blocks upon preset recall to use an appropriate Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model."

My presets were NOT "pre11x.

Last edited:
Your "official" presets were. You were on a beta release and hopefully working on banks of backed up presets.
I have no idea what you mean by "official" presets. The presets that I am talking about were stored under 11 beta 0 that came out yesterday & had the curve set to a new 11x curve, although many were not the default curve. I always have everything backed up & I saw what was happening before anything got saved today so I changed to the NO preference. No harm. No foul. I'm just saying it was not clear that any preset made on the first 11 beta 0 would get changed. I just checked & the ones I did store under 11 beta 1 (todays beta) do not update with YES selected.

Back
Top Bottom