Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta 1

WOOHOO!!! I'm ready! Shake away those Monday blues with another game changer from the master!

The couple extra inches deep and tall shifts the low resonant peak down 10 or 20 Hz, plus it's got more air in it so more squash. Hey if you want to really hear a recto cab roar, drape a blanket or towel over the center post so it blocks front to back in the bottom half. It does the same thing as the Mills Acoustics baffle did, breaks up standing waves, you can turn up all the way to oblivion and the bass won't fall apart, plus the cab isn't as directional any more.
Great idea, but I actually love the way the Standard Recto cab sounds over the Traditional. And adding the blanket probably make it sound more like a Traditional cab, due to air space getting eaten up. But I never tried it so I can't really say. I have switched out the V30s and replaced with Celestion Creamback 65s and it really adds to the tone quality.

And adding the blanket probably make it sound more like a Traditional cab, due to air space getting eaten up.

My dude it doesn't change the resonance point any higher, it just affects the speed of the bass response and kills standing waves, that 400Hz scoop and 110Hz low peak stays right where it's at, only now you can crank the volume and the bass doesn't get wobbly. I learned that trick from car audio land, when you stuff a sealed sub enclosure with pillow stuffing it takes up air space, the stuffing doesn't compress like air, so less air in the same space to squish on the in stroke. All of a sudden a 2x12 sealed box that was floppy is humming super clear all the way from 80Hz to 300Hz, and the transients sound as tight as a 2x10.

Hopefully today.
Around here the real FW11 dropped, because the B1 version is that good. I have had 0 issues and great tones. And the new global feature is awesome.
Since I moved all my presets up a bank, I can leave all the factory presets unsaved and go back and forth between them, turning the global impedance feature on and off, playing with all the different combinations and decide what I like, and save to one of my many empty slots.
I know you hear this over and over, Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom