Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @FractalAudio I feel it sounds supreme
Tesred the AC20 with EF86 Bass with the Fat parameter on and the Bright switch off
I own a real ac20 deluxe, what I have dialed on my axe how is it translated to the amp Bright Switch in the sun or the Moon Parameter?
How about the second switch Bass treble, down or up?

Cheers

Just tried it, I don't hear dramatic differences in most drive models I tipically use, I think they got better overall in the lack of "scratchiness" when playing double stops and a little bit more string separation.
But the Zen Master.. holy shitballs! It's on a whole new level

Last edited:
Tesred the AC20 with EF86 Bass with the Fat parameter on and the Bright switch off
I own a real ac20 deluxe, what I have dialed on my axe how is it translated to the amp Bright Switch in the sun or the Moon Parameter?

Cheers

Sun/moon = Bright (same in the model).

The other switch is Bass Cut. The Bass models are based on the amp without Bass Cut. The Treble models have Bass Cut enabled.

Cheers
The Sun/Moon equals the Bright Switch. The Bass/Treble switch would be different amp models. So AC20 EF86 Bass model would be the Bass/Treble switch in the Bass position, the switch on the back in EF86 position and then the Bright switch on the model is the Sun/Moon switch on the amp.

I've been playing 10 beta 2 all day & now have updated to this version. Just wow! Cannot stop playing.

I don't think that I have enough years left to fully get to grips with all of the options available in this beast...

The Sun/Moon equals the Bright Switch. The Bass/Treble switch would be different amp models. So AC20 EF86 Bass model would be the Bass/Treble switch in the Bass position, the switch on the back in EF86 position and then the Bright switch on the model is the Sun/Moon switch on the amp.
So if I have the bright switch off shall I have the real amp in the moon am I getting it correctly?

Thanks

So if I have the bright switch off shall I have the real amp in the moon am I getting it correctly?

Thanks
I would guess that the Sun is "bright" on a summer day
And the Moon is dim and makes the summer day, seam a bit "dark" :)

So now we have 5881 and 6l6
Distinction
That’s cool
Someday maybe we will have distinct EL34 (Euro, pentode, skinny bottle) and 6CA7 (US, beam tetrode, fat bottle) types, but for now, I am looking forward to trying the KT77 type....

I had some real nice short-bottle 5881s back in the late '80s. Nice sounding tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom