Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.03

Isn’t the current axe 2 count 259, I saw somewhere mention there is 260 in the list now... course I can’t remember where I saw it

Those new Friedman models are incredible! The C45 and HBE 2018 have that Goldilocks factor where they fit perfectly in between the bigness of the original HBE model and the focus and cut of the HBE V1/2. Fantastic!

Those new Friedman models are incredible! The C45 and HBE 2018 have that Goldilocks factor where they fit perfectly in between the bigness of the original HBE model and the focus and cut of the HBE V1/2. Fantastic!
the HBE 2018 was a surprise to find, and i LOVE it.

I have one of the very first BE-100s but, on a whim, decided to buy a new one because people said they sound a "little" different. Well... more than a little. They sound very different. I got in touch with Dave to see what he changed and made those two new models.

@FractalAudio could you also get in touch with Jim Marshall and bother him with a list of all the possible Marshall schematics and add them to the unit? You might need a time machine, but I guess that's not such a big deal for Fractal Audio.

Back to the topic: really looking forward to hear Axe III and new amp models. Especially the Friedmans. Or any other Marshall type amps.

@FractalAudio could you also get in touch with Jim Marshall and bother him with a list of all the possible Marshall schematics and add them to the unit? You might need a time machine, but I guess that's not such a big deal for Fractal Audio.

Back to the topic: really looking forward to hear Axe III and new amp models. Especially the Friedmans. Or any other Marshall type amps.
Funny that you mention the Marshall and Friedman stuff. I know when I'm looking for a Marshall type sound I tend to always end up on the Friedman. It seems like Marshal +1, or "this goes to eleven!"

Funny that you mention the Marshall and Friedman stuff. I know when I'm looking for a Marshall type sound I tend to always end up on the Friedman. It seems like Marshal +1, or "this goes to eleven!"

I still tend to use the Marshall Marshalls inside the unit because of their strong vintage flavor. Desperate to hear the 80's JMP Cliff bought if it'll make its way to the unit. The holy grail would be JTM45/100, but I'm quite satisfied with the current Marshall models we have.

I still tend to use the Marshall Marshalls inside the unit because of their strong vintage flavor. Desperate to hear the 80's JMP Cliff bought if it'll make its way to the unit. The holy grail would be JTM45/100, but I'm quite satisfied with the current Marshall models we have.
I can see that. I've always leaned more toward modern sounds, so yeah, when I want vintage I like a few of the Plexi models just fine.

The SUPER VERB NRM amp model sounds a bit worse to me vs Quantum 9.04. With high output pickups, it sounds like the input of the amp is being overwhelmed by the bass. I think there is too much definition in the bass and there is no way too soften it. It reminds me of turning the speaker drive up really high where it is almost farty sounding. I ended up switching to the Double Verb where the bass doesn't sound as hard and defined.
Have you tried engaging Cut?

Back
Top Bottom