Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

Thanks a lot for the new setlist/songs add. it's so easy to create a setlist.
it woud be interesting to increase to 18/20 characters the song name fo use more fully the main FC display,
15 truncates the song names too much imho
Actually 9 characters is used for the section names, why not push up to 10 characters like it's writing in the mini manual to fill the mini display screens?

Last edited:
I can't imagine it's a stretch to double the number of songs per list.
I'd like to be able to save more shows worth of songs on the unit itself.
The memory that was allocated for this project was completely consumed by the current implementation.

@Admin M@, correct this if the following is off/wrong...

The FX3 has a fixed NV memory with the MkKI having more than the MKI.

The Set List functionality consumes a certain chunk of memory and whatever remaining memory is set aside for possible future expansion.

The MKII's larger NV memory perhaps could be used for larger set lists or for other MKII functionality, unless the majority of that was taken by the new FullRes bank.

FAS might not want to divulge their plan or the relative memory available, but knowing some of the constraints could be helpful so users don't keep asking for the impossible.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I noticed that a few songs load the wrong scene when recalled via FC-6. I have set up my Axe-FX III to always load Scene #1 as default, but some presets load Scene #2 or Scene #3 even though the Scene song parameter is set to "Default Scene".
Thank you for finding and reporting this. The fix will appear in the next release.

As far as I know Setlists/Songs can be exported to disk. Can the exported files be edited with a text editor?

I play in two cover bands. It is not unique. It is much easier to get live gigs and make money in Southern California when you are playing covers. It is also a lot of fun!

That's workable until you need to want to change the order of the songs in that 6-preset cluster. Then it's back to the computer or front panel...something I was hoping to avoid.
Same issue if you had to change the song order in a setlist, no? Back to the computer or front panel to make changes.

I like the changes from the transformer turns ratio change to the tones of the amps, maybe I'm just getting better at dialing in tones on this amazing unit but I do have to say it is getting really easy to dial in workable tones for my mixes in a lot less time. I'm an old school turn the knobs on the amp until it sounds good guy and I had to learn some of the tweaks that are available to make it sound like I wanted. It seems I have to do way less with the advanced parameters now. I haven't come across any bugs but I do appreciate the work that is done and given to us in all of these updates

Same issue if you had to change the song order in a setlist, no? Back to the computer or front panel to make changes.
In the past (MFC-101 days) we had 7 or 8 versions of our show, all with mostly the same songs but with the order changed. I could jut tell the band a show number for the night and we were good to go. Once a list was established we could use it for multiple gigs. No need to re-do it. We're a cover band that plays the same few venues on a regular (monthly) basis. We try to avoid playing the songs in the same order two or more months in a row.

Very cool and thank you @chris and @Admin M@ for the practical explanations and layouts. That really brought it to life for me.

Question - The ability of song parts to select new presets must come with some added latency,. I know early on there was a latency difference between switching presets and switching scenes within a preset (the latter being faster). Is that still the case?

Very cool and thank you @chris and @Admin M@ for the practical explanations and layouts. That really brought it to life for me.

Question - The ability of song parts to select new presets must come with some added latency,. I know early on there was a latency difference between switching presets and switching scenes within a preset (the latter being faster). Is that still the case?
An audio gap is not latency...

It still takes longer to load a preset than to change scenes. There is a short audio gap.

This is cool!

Is there any functionality to change settings globally within a setlist?

For example, I'm thinking in a situation where you're in soundcheck, and FOH has asked you to adjust something on your end. Do you have to go through every scene or preset to adjust this? Or is there an option to, for example, drop the master volume by 2db across the board?
Or would I need to go through every preset that's involved in a setlist, and make all these adjustments separately?

Back
Top Bottom