Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

This beta seems rock solid to me - I think, the reasons the full release drags out a bit is, they are working on implementing some of the good suggestions provided by the community.

My kids stole my iPad today, so I thought I would try the new setlist feature for my practice session. I can only say, it works really well. But still 'sections' does not really work in my '1 preset per song' workflow. I would be happy, if each song just selected the default scene in the selected preset.

A song doesn't even have an assigned preset without sections
True - But I have no use for sections - just give me a song<->preset connection, and it would work better for me. I see the use for sections, and how it can be great, but it does not fit my workflow.

True - But I have no use for sections - just give me a song<->preset connection, and it would work better for me. I see the use for sections, and how it can be great, but it does not fit my workflow.
Man, you are stubborn LOL. Just create a "main" section, problem solved.

I am not stubborn - there is no problem - There is a new feature, I explain how it would work better for me, this is why we have betas and a forum - The point being that if there were no sections there might be more songs available. Also, I think, it is confusing that the song and section name is shown in the FC display rather than the preset name and scene. Song name is OK, but I would prefer to see the scene name rather than the section name, since I have named all my scenes, and I do not want to name all the sections that would be double work with no gain.

Anyway, I am not even going to be using the feature, as I am already happy with my iPad SetlistMaker setup. I think, the Fractal setlist feature is a very cool implementation, but I think, it could be even cooler, if you could choose not to use sections.

Back
Top Bottom