Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The status bar at the bottom of Axe-Edfit was designed not only for the "please wait" messages, but is for parameter based tool tips. (This hasn't been implemented yet.) It was never intended to show a different tip based on the value of any parameter, but I can see how "Amp Type" might be a good application for this.

It would be an unusual way to handle indication of non-functional controls, but certainly better than nothing. Even with the existence of a status bar that can handle the job of indicating it, it seems like it would be more work than simply changing the knob/switch appearance, but given I am not programming in the app development suite used for *Edit, maybe it isn't....

I’ll tell you this and I’ll take bets:
Within days after releasing firmware that will gray UI controls, forum members will ask why controls are grayed and put in wishes to expand amp models to include those functions. It simply never stops …

It would be an unusual way to handle indication of non-functional controls, but certainly better than nothing. Even with the existence of a status bar that can handle the job of indicating it, it seems like it would be more work than simply changing the knob/switch appearance, but given I am not programming in the app development suite used for *Edit, maybe it isn't....
Yep, these notes should be given to the guy responsable of the UI to make the change .

Within days after releasing firmware that will grey UI controls, forum members will ask why controls are greyed and put in wishes to expand amp models to include those functions. It simply never stops …
Remove them by amps so no questions ☺️

The presence knob don’t act here ? Remove it.

just not sure where this goes next - will it be "excusable" to have controls that do very little? and so those should be colored green or blue? All this UI nattering and fussing tells me that maybe we really have arrived at sonic nirvana and folks are lacking for something to wish for lol!
More at wishing a little of the energy dedicated to progress towards sonic performance could be diverted to making the editor interface more functional. Truly gobsmacked at the amount of resistance to improvements. It's like listening to my dad and his "you don't need a 10 speed. i rode all the way from laurelton to lakewood on a bike with one gear 30 years ago" rant....

The sense of community is to share, discuss, collect feedback that can serve to make our experience better and the product more advanced and competitive.

It is really complicated to understand the resistance to a possible improvement, it is not necessary to defend the situation as it is at any cost.

If there is a final word on the subject, and Fractal says "hey, guys, it's not possible", ok, we'll put a pin in that. But none of us currently know if it's possible, if it involves too much work, if it could lead to future problems. So for now we're just discussing small improvements to a great product.

Within days after releasing firmware that will grey UI controls, forum members will ask why controls are greyed and put in wishes to expand amp models to include those functions. It simply never stops …
That is where it would be logical to say no, since it would involve changing the model to suit the editor.

The editor should be able to keep track of which knobs, by design, don't have any effect and warn people somehow. The usual way you do that is to gray out the control....

More at wishing a little of the energy dedicated to progress towards sonic performance could be diverted to making the editor interface more functional. Truly gobsmacked at the amount of resistance to improvements. It's like listening to my dad and his "you don't need a 10 speed. i rode all the way from laurelton to lakewood on a bike with one gear 30 years ago" rant....
more like "omg, the speed shifters on my new Cannondale are not clearly marked with large easy to read numbers - help!, I can't ride this thing!"

Excuse us - we're trading silly analagies.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that I specifically noted that other development priorities might be more important.

Beyond that, I can't understand why anyone would say that normal-looking controls that don't work are a good idea.

I also expressed my super appreciation for all that Fractal does and has done. I'm certainly not ragging on them.

What would that be?
For the people making this forum sound like my ex wife and the constant bitching about almost everything. This forum used to be so positive and informative with a family like vibe. I always looked forward to reading and interacting on it every day. Now it just feels so different. I always appreciate everything Cliff and team does and am so excited now and for the constant pursuit of perfection they always pursue. I also appreciate the many Fractal members who share and help other members with their vast experience in such matters. Maybe we could use a bullshit filter so we can really get back to the more positive vibe. Just sayin.

Like @la noise said;
It must suck to constantlybe focusing on what we don't have, and then missing the bountiful forest that
is Fractal for the trees of insatiable lack. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom