Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be completely honest with all this "so called" complaining in the forum, it's not about the original ideas i.e. "Grey out unused controls" or the "I want X or Y amp model added" stuff. The problem lies with the immediate need for some forumers to shoot down said ideas just because they don't need them or doesn't apply to their everyday workflow. That's when the whole argument starts and everybody wants to be right. Most used excuse to validate such behaviour: "Well, this is a discussion forum".

If any idea is presented in a respectful and elaborate manner, then let FAS decide if it's doable or not, there's absolutely no need to play Forum Police on everything you don't agree with.

Just my two cents.

If any idea is presented in a respectful and elaborate manner, then let FAS decide if it's doable or not, there's absolutely no need to play Forum Police on everything you don't agree with.
Wholeheartedly agree! Grab yourself a beer. The controls which don’t do any controlling doesn’t make much sense…. Let’s take a deep breath and agree 🙃 or at least acknowledge. If it’s way too much work, no massive problem let’s move on. But honestly - this forum is a good place to discuss this product and it’s features.

To be completely honest with all this "so called" complaining in the forum, it's not about the original ideas i.e. "Grey out unused controls" or the "I want X or Y amp model added" stuff. The problem lies with the immediate need for some forumers to shoot down said ideas just because they don't need them or doesn't apply to their everyday workflow. That's when the whole argument starts and everybody wants to be right. Most used excuse to validate such behaviour: "Well, this is a discussion forum".

Just my two cents.
imo, keeping wishes in separate wish threads may go some way toward this. A somewhat unfortunate effect here was that discussion related to enthusiasm for the new JMP models etc in the new fw which this thread is about, got a bit overtaken by wish related items. Maybe the moderators could, if not too labour intensive, assist by moving wish posts in new fw threads (which I think r intended to be more celebratory of new fw), to separate threads.

I find repectful debates surrounding wishes in wish threads to be healthy and can be revealing in terms of how viable, practical, logical, applicable...a given wish is, and gives Fractal some insight into their users' perspective on it. To completely get around the inevitable sm bickering vibe I think Fractal would have to go toward more specific controlled surveying / polling their user base or something like that which I don't know would work as well for them as this forum does currently.

Thread cleaned up. The wish for controls in Ideal mode to be grayed-out or removed has been noted. It's a LOT of work to do this.
Please do not remove ... maybe an alternative ... if this would be fine, it could be used for every block ... only a proposal (nothing more)AXE Edit GUI Proposal.png

Last edited:
Thread cleaned up. The wish for controls in Ideal mode to be grayed-out or removed has been noted. It's a LOT of work to do this.
I wouldn't bother with it Cliff. People have the choice of two separate screens already, Authentic, and Ideal, get with the program people, I rather let Cliff be the free creative genius he is instead of whining about choosing over one screen of settings or another!! Just my 2 cents! Appreciate you Cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom