Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.00

EASY!

1. Insert a Megatap Delay block.
2. Edit the block, setting Number of Taps to about "24".
3. Set Time Shape to "EXP/LOG"
4. Change the the "Graph" page.
5. Adjust TIME ALPHA (knob B) and watch the graph. As you turn it down, the delay taps concentrate towards the beginning. As you turn it up, the delay taps concentrate towards the end.
6. Repeat this for each of the other TIME SHAPE values. Explore how they work with fewer or more taps.

Have fun!
Thanks for the ELI5 @Admin M@ 😁

yes I have retweaked 150 presets, changed guitar, and yes , once again, I needed to adjust the input gate in today's tweaking session, like yesterday . the first example that pop in my mind is the marshall satriani for example , amongs the others . I dont have taken notes etc because it's already a long process . And dont want to sound boring . It's more noisy, i changed the gate, end of story . (i pump up the threshold in the input gate for about 5 db)

Confirmed.

My goto - a Les Paul to a MKIV patch I’ve used for years - is definitely noisier.

it's something quick to fix so ... Maybe I should change the tubes of my vintage axe fx 3 mk1 . go ! time to send the fixed presets to my customers, and then petting my cats .

Confirmed.

My goto - a Les Paul to a MKIV patch I’ve used for years - is definitely noisier.
my go to USA IIC++ is the same...so I dialed back a gain by 15% and noise-wise is about the same as before, but with less gain from amp model, so I don’t know...

Last edited:
the noise is the life in another way
the more it goes, the more I miss all these crazy feedbacks in records , as soon as you have a hum noise, rock n roll started .
last week I play a few days without gate with my tube head , I was about to receive the radio with the pickups haahah . And then it reminds me the pogo era, the bars, the smoke in bars . Ok lets remove all the gates totally , this is for girls . HAHAHAHAHA

I don't experience any extra noise ... if anything I would say the compressor has slightly more gain. But it could just be me

Thanks for your hard work Cliff and Fractal team! I think someone mentioned this already, but do I have to update axe edit? I am on v16 (not sure exactly which one). Have there been any essential updates to axe edit since then that need to take place before using 19?

Depends on the source of the noise too. If the patch in question has a bit more compression due to the modeling changes, that could raise the overall noise floor and potentially make any external sourced noise in signal more prevalent.

I think adding a plot to show a "typical" input noise level from a guitar would really put into perspective just how quiet the Axe III really is. Pickups are basically noise antennas.

Mud, are your guitar batteries getting old? Could a cable be damaged or moved in a way, so it gets more interference from IE a power cable?
I tried with an active , passive lp and strat . no but the thing can comes from I dont know what . As Mr fender said , maybe the new modelling add whatever more gain, compression or I dont know . I dont use compressors .
thank you fractal for the test and your time . I just have turned up the treshold, that's nothing .

It sounds from your description like the input to the grid is somehow higher than before. Maybe reduce the input level in the input block rather than raising the noise threshold.

I have yet to try the firmware myself

I tried with an active , passive lp and strat . no but the thing can comes from I dont know what . As Mr fender said , maybe the new modelling add whatever more gain, compression or I dont know . I dont use compressors .
thank you fractal for the test and your time . I just have turned up the treshold, that's nothing .
if you roll back the firmware is the noise is still here?

Back
Top Bottom