Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.00

must say, i have tested the 18.03 severe, and 19.00, and I LOVE 19.00 ENGL. It's much more meatier, gainy and open at the same time.
Probably the best day for high gain amps

I just came back to 19.00 from a couple weeks at 15.01 and think the high gain models sound incredible, but I can't tell if it's just the fun of coming back to Cygnus after a bit, or if there was a genuine improvement.

Anyone else have thoughts on the high gain models?

I'm finding that you need slightly less gain to get the same "growl" out of the high gain amps and as previously stated the tone is more open and the highs certainly more musical and are not harsh. Now I have to go study the multitude of power tubes ...

Thank you Cliff and FAS Team! Your pursuit of tonal perfection is greatly appreciated!!

images

Excited to try out the new Megatap stuff. The technical descriptions are 1000 miles over my head
EASY!

1. Insert a Megatap Delay block.
2. Edit the block, setting Number of Taps to about "24".
3. Set Time Shape to "EXP/LOG"
4. Change the the "Graph" page.
5. Adjust TIME ALPHA (knob B) and watch the graph. As you turn it down, the delay taps concentrate towards the beginning. As you turn it up, the delay taps concentrate towards the end.
6. Repeat this for each of the other TIME SHAPE values. Explore how they work with fewer or more taps.

Have fun!

EASY!

1. Insert a Megatap Delay block.
2. Edit the block, setting Number of Taps to about "24".
3. Set Time Shape to "EXP/LOG"
4. Change the the "Graph" page.
5. Adjust TIME ALPHA (knob B) and watch the graph. As you turn it down, the delay taps concentrate towards the beginning. As you turn it up, the delay taps concentrate towards the end.
6. Repeat this for each of the other TIME SHAPE values. Explore how they work with fewer or more taps.

Have fun!

Forum Members : "mmmm... okkkkkk !"

homer-cerveau_01642653.jpg

Is it recommended to reset the amp block after these type updates, or are all changes applied on update? In regard to existing presets..

as @My name is mud and some others wrote in last beta, I experience also quite a lot more noise in fw 19.00.
I wanted to go back to my last fw(17.02), but found that 17.02. is not in the archive http://archive.axefx.fr/AxeFX III/Firmwares/
Any of you dear members maybe has 17.02 in PC and could send this to me ?
It would be very helpful.
I have upcoming gig and this extra unwanted noise scares me.
Here is a link to 17.02 I have in my own archive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/givnsqu9rhh72v4/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p02.zip?dl=0

as @My name is mud and some others wrote in last beta, I experience also quite a lot more noise in fw 19.00.
I wanted to go back to my last fw(17.02), but found that 17.02. is not in the archive http://archive.axefx.fr/AxeFX III/Firmwares/
Any of you dear members maybe has 17.02 in PC and could send this to me ?
It would be very helpful.
I have upcoming gig and this extra unwanted noise scares me.
yes I have retweaked 150 presets, changed guitar, and yes , once again, I needed to adjust the input gate in today's tweaking session, like yesterday . the first example that pop in my mind is the marshall satriani for example , amongs the others . I dont have taken notes etc because it's already a long process . And dont want to sound boring . It's more noisy, i changed the gate, end of story . (i pump up the threshold in the input gate for about 5 db)

Back
Top Bottom