Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

... Find the post ,
But what I d like to know is why this preset sounds so different after amp resetting ,
What are the parameters that have modified the sound in such a way ...

... Find the post ,
But what I d like to know is why this preset sounds so different after amp resetting ,
Pretty sure you've read this:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/amp-reset-options-what-do-they-do-a-guide.172311/

But the underlying code has been entirely reworked, so the algorithms and calculations are all different now, hence the difference in sound and feel.

The amp modeling is now much more accurate, than the previous firmware. It is not the same, so the best practice would be to reset the amp block, and redial your sound. It will be evwn easier as the modeling is so much more accurate now

Hope that helps!

... Find the post ,
OK gotcha. Yeah it does get bassier after reset. That's cygnus. I suggest setting the low cut to 120Hz 24db slope in the cab preamp page. Maybe even bump it up until you get what you're looking for.

What is the utility of double-clicking a parameter of a block that has already been reseted?

Some parameters always go to zero, others remain the same, while others go to a different non-zero value.

E.g. (for the case of Brit 800 #34):
Power Amp: most stay at reseted value, except Grid Bias, Presence Frequency, Depth Frequency and Negative Feedback
Speaker HF Resonance 0.21
Speaker HF Slope 3.680
Speaker Xformer Hi Freq 10000 Hz
Speaker LF Resonance 0.1
Input EQ Freq: 3000Hz
Input Lo Cut: 20
Input Hi Cut: 200 Hz Extremely low!
Cathode Follower Compression 0
Cathode Harmonics Compression 0
Cathode Harmonics Hard Clipping 0

Can't get Cygnus v1600 to show up. I am only able to download release notes. I'm running new Mac Book Pro v2 BigSur. Anyone know if BigSur is a problem?

Did you go to the first post in this thread? I’ve not had any trouble seeing it with my Mac.
Lee

Can't get Cygnus v1600 to show up. I am only able to download release notes. I'm running new Mac Book Pro v2 BigSur. Anyone know if BigSur is a problem?
You need to slow down and explain the steps you've taken more clearly. As is it seems like you're jumping into explaining the problem mid-stream so we're not able to tell exactly what's wrong, leaving us to guess, which wastes everyone's time.

Cygnus isn't an official release, it's only in final beta.

Last edited:
I figured it out' It's been awhile sense I've updated, I didn't complete the task after downloading. I do appreciate all the help. I might be getting too old for this stuff. 😄

I know I'm late to the party regarding my praise for Cygnus, but thought I would share.

All my guitars sound better. I've always heard "something" in the high end of my Strats that just felt like scratching a blackboard. Not the best analogy, but it annoyed me to the point that I could only play really clean amps. Not any more. Also, I have a Celestion F12-X2000 in an Egnater 112 cab and it sounds better now than ever (I should say it sounds really good). I was never much of a deep tweaker, and now I've found I don't have to be. I only make adjustments to the authentic controls for the tone I want to hear and I'm very happy with them. I loaded all the latest factory presets and found the ones I've played so far to be really tasty. I do look forward to the Cygnus version of presets I've bought. Those gurus always outshine anything I can do, so it should be quite a treat when they are available for this firmware.

Anyway, a huge thank you to everyone at Fractal for the amazing work you all do in support of the true genius of Cliff Chase.

I know I'm late to the party regarding my praise for Cygnus, but thought I would share.

All my guitars sound better. I've always heard "something" in the high end of my Strats that just felt like scratching a blackboard. Not the best analogy, but it annoyed me to the point that I could only play really clean amps. Not any more. Also, I have a Celestion F12-X2000 in an Egnater 112 cab and it sounds better now than ever (I should say it sounds really good). I was never much of a deep tweaker, and now I've found I don't have to be. I only make adjustments to the authentic controls for the tone I want to hear and I'm very happy with them. I loaded all the latest factory presets and found the ones I've played so far to be really tasty. I do look forward to the Cygnus version of presets I've bought. Those gurus always outshine anything I can do, so it should be quite a treat when they are available for this firmware.

Anyway, a huge thank you to everyone at Fractal for the amazing work you all do in support of the true genius of Cliff Chase.
Nice. When you loaded up the factory presets did you do any sort of reset?

Nice. When you loaded up the factory presets did you do any sort of reset?

Well, I must admit... I had to tweak the treble for the Tiny Terror factory preset in the Ideal page for Blackfoot's Train, Train today. Classic 57+ in the bridge in a 335 copy. That officially makes me a liar. :) And no, I did not do any kind of reset after loading the presets, but I haven't played them all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom