Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

It's not strictly necessary, it's just like you said in your first comment. New algorithms and modeling details just mean that the reasons you dialed something in a specific way might no longer apply, and it might be simplest to just start from scratch.
Thanks, man! That's what I assumed, since there was no "resetting" with past FW updates, but I could have easily been wrong. Good to know that I don't have to do a reset.

Forgive me if I missed this (couldn't find it in the thread). Fractal bot says to wait for Axe-FX to show a message "Update Complete", but it never does. Does it take a long time?

Thanks for any info.
In Fractal Bot you choose which file to load and the type of Fractal unit, after you hit "Begin" button, the data starts flowing to your device. After it is all received by your device, it is applied to the device. Once this is finished, you should receive a message across the front of your device in a green font saying "Update Complete" also advising to shut off your device for 5 seconds, and then to turn back on. Once back on, as long as all of the previous steps went as described, your device is ready to use with the new firmware. Using my computer, the time from hitting the "Begin" button until receiving the "Update Complete" message is in the 3-5 minute range. I didn't notice any other replies, so I hope this helps.
Lee

The new Axe Edit amp reset feature even keeps the presence setting as it was! much better than the original soft reset.
Under Tools->Manage Presets, the bulk method goes across multiple presets AND multiple channels, so it is fantastic!!
I know many of us are going to be resetting the anp blocks on multiple presets for Cygnus so I’m posting it here.
Way better! Thanks to Michael and FAS!

Last edited:
The new Axe Edit amp reset feature even keeps the presence setting as it was! much better than the original soft reset.
Under Tools->Manage Cabs, the bulk method goes across multiple presets AND multiple channels, so it is fantastic!!
I know many of us are going to be resetting the anp blocks on multiple presets for Cygnus so I’m posting it here.
Way better! Thanks to Michael and FAS!
Slight correction: It's Tools -> Manage Presets.

Has anyone experienced the Cornford much louder now? I had to redo the patch for that one.

"Fixed popping when switching channels in Drive block in rare cases."

When I go from a drive block to a clean I get a loud pop every time. I thought this was supposed to be fixed. We can't have that on professional equipment that's supposed to be used in live settings.

"Fixed popping when switching channels in Drive block in rare cases."

When I go from a drive block to a clean I get a loud pop every time. I thought this was supposed to be fixed. We can't have that on professional equipment that's supposed to be used in live settings.

Could you post that preset?

To clarify, you feel fw16 is less real then?
No. "More real" used to be a description used by someone back then. I think FW ** Is a incremental change towards ___________.

It's a great product and I love what I get from it, but the euphoric descriptions have gotten old to me is all.

Fwiw, I still fire up my old pod bean (original). I have three settings that cover a lot of ground and still like them.

Back
Top Bottom