Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed anything, but could you use Ouput 2 strictly for your home jams, and Output 1 for your performances? Could have duplicate of presets, if even needed, and have the ones for performance identified in the name +1 and home +2? Best of luck.
Could duplicate presets, could add OUT1 and OUT2 both to the same presets, or could just use Copy OUT1 => OUT2 and have the same signal coming from both, but always having one turned down low.

Could duplicate presets, could add OUT1 and OUT2 both to the same presets, or could just use Copy OUT1 => OUT2 and have the same signal coming from both, but always having one turned down low.
I have out1 copying to out2 at the moment..

jamming is through out1 and headphones most of the time.. sometimes, through out2 to the speakers..

might just break the share, add the out2 specifically to each preset that I use.. keep it off when jamming and like was said earlier, I'll definitely know it's not working when I don't have any sound at all lol

When it’s more quiet then it should be, I remember.. I’m on wireless and 60-80 feet from my Axe so having an easy way at the pedalboard to turn it up.. would be cool...

I’ll figure out something
If you're "60-80 feet away" from the AxeFx, how close is your pedalboard?? I'm using a Shure QLXD system with my III and being that far away there's going to be a delay. So that comment just doesn't make sense to me.

Man, I really feel you're overthinking the whole thing. I set the output knobs for max output without overloading the input to my CLR. Then I use a volume pedal to set the volume where I need it. When I'm home I just turn the output knob down. That's why it's there, very convenient and not hard to remember. It only takes blasting too loud once and you'll get it.

If you're "60-80 feet away" from the AxeFx, how close is your pedalboard?? I'm using a Shure QLXD system with my III and being that far away there's going to be a delay. So that comment just doesn't make sense to me.

Man, I really feel you're overthinking the whole thing. I set the output knobs for max output without overloading the input to my CLR. Then I use a volume pedal to set the volume where I need it. When I'm home I just turn the output knob down. That's why it's there, very convenient and not hard to remember. It only takes blasting too loud once and you'll get it.
I have a 75ft expensive XLR cable that runs out to the front of my driveway from the back of the garage.. and then a 10ft from the Axe to the nice XLR, so I can disconnect near the AXE and my iMac.. use that for jamming, then connect and move things out front..

I'm prone to over thinking things there's no doubt.. really, it's just changing my habits (or creating better ones) that sounds as the consensus of proper solution..

I appreciate everyone's input but I think at this point, it's a dead horse and thank you!! :)

Yeah, in the same way as when you plug into an analog amp you should have a habit of checking the master volume, when you set up the Axe you should check the output knob is probably the easiest answer.

Presets from you will be awesome!!

Haha, man honestly my patches these days are SO SIMPLE! Literally just the amp block + cab. I only tweak the authentic page with minor moves. The cab IR is SO important my favorites these days are the Ownhammer Mesa Rectos and the ML Sound Lab Djent ones. Seriously if I shared my presets people would laugh at me. :D The Axe sounds great with very little tweaking as long as the source tracks are good, just like the real deal!

Haha, man honestly my patches these days are SO SIMPLE! Literally just the amp block + cab. I only tweak the authentic page with minor moves. The cab IR is SO important my favorites these days are the Ownhammer Mesa Rectos and the ML Sound Lab Djent ones. Seriously if I shared my presets people would laugh at me. :D The Axe sounds great with very little tweaking as long as the source tracks are good, just like the real deal!
But will be great!! :cool:

Found some great Archean Clean settings for my Strat:
Screen%20Shot%202020-10-04%20at%2010.22.28%20PM.png

Sounds great through the YA P10Q 4x10 Bassman cab:
Screen%20Shot%202020-10-04%20at%2010.23.39%20PM.png

Also sounds great, and a little fuller through the AustinBuddy 2x12 Bassman cab:
Screen%20Shot%202020-10-04%20at%2010.23.48%20PM.png

I've spent some time with 14.01 and I have been enjoying it immensely. I was having trouble finding a tone I liked for heavy rhythms the day the firmware dropped. I uploaded the new firmware, tried out the Archean and immediately got a tone that hit that balance of warmth and clarity, girth and tightness. Over the last several updates, it has gotten easier to dial in what I hear in my head. I've become less reliant on advanced parameters and have been able to get appropriate tones for my setup using just a couple of dials. What I think is also partially responsible for this, is a side benefit to all these updates, which is the advancement of knowledge that us users get when we have to learn about what is new in the firmware. I know I am more informed (but admittedly still a novice) when it comes to what I want in a recorded guitar tone than ever before because I've wanted to learn about amps because of the Axe. I feel like I can make an informed decision about what is appropriate for my setup because of the accuracy and responsiveness of the amp models as well as all the information from Cliff and other advanced users here on the forum. Run on sentences aside, I'm really enjoying this tone journey.

Yes it’s dark. Which can be compensated through the IR if desired.
I’d never use a T808 before the amp because the amp is so saturated and thick already.

I keep my "go-to" cab library RBZ block comprised of (2) channels with combinations of York Audio 2x12's and the other (2) channels comprised of a mixture of Mikko 4x12 Halloween cabs. Normally, I call up the 4x12's in this situation, but I found better results with the 2x12's due to the Amp's inherent "darkness".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom