Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

Heavyelement Are you on the most recent AxeEdit 1.05.02.? Was this immediately after installing 12.03 and had AxeEdit updated block definitions? Tried rebooting both the AFX and the computer? How are you switching between clean and dirty, scenes? Whats the CPU usage of the preset? Is it happening in AxeEdit or from the front of the AFX or foot controller? Have you force updated block definitions in AxeEdit? More info please.

Many people form this opinion before hearing anything and just seeing no amp and a modeler. A usual complaint is the guitars aren’t “loud enough like a real amp.”

Well guess what, I’m using modeling specifically so it isn’t too loud. Many guitarists just enjoy a loud amp covering the rest of the band. I don’t.
What about getting a fake "no name" amp and see what people say. They can think it's some magical boutique amp that is the "latest thing" and then tell them what's really going on.

Well, speaking of touch sensitivity... this is a short excerpt from a song I'm learning. I'm using the Matchless D30 EF86 with stock cabs. I have it set up in stereo (two amp blocks) and run a pedalboard in front. All of the effects are from my board... I'm not using any drives, just a clean boost (Ceriatone Centura), slow vibrato, stereo chorus, tape delay with some healthy modulation, and a short reverb. Recorded straight into Logic via USB with no pre or post processing.

I think the Matchless cleans up, or gets dirty, nicely with pick attack and volume control now too.

Well, speaking of touch sensitivity... this is a short excerpt from a song I'm learning. I'm using the Matchless D30 EF86 with stock cabs. I have it set up in stereo (two amp blocks) and run a pedalboard in front. All of the effects are from my board... I'm not using any drives, just a clean boost (Ceriatone Centura), slow vibrato, stereo chorus, tape delay with some healthy modulation, and a short reverb. Recorded straight into Logic via USB with no pre or post processing.

I think the Matchless cleans up, or gets dirty, nicely with pick attack and volume control now too.

Sounding very goooood! Nice preset you have made there!

After multiple gigs and dialing in presets what I have found that this is the most amp like feeling firmware update to date. Everything seems to be more like the original amp than any update so far. Earlier FW I had to dial in tone that on the original amp would make your ears bleed now it is more like I would do on each amp. Touch, dynamics and so on are so much better all around.

Tom Morris
The popping was happening when switching scenes, it is fine going from gain to clean but going clean to gain scene is a loud popping sound and I didn't have this issue before . I updated the application on the computer and axe to the latest and the program on the computer started lagging when the scenes were changed like in an update they did a few months ago and scrambled to fix it. The CPU usage is only around 60%. Now that I went back to 11.01 no more popping everything is fine

Tom Morris
The popping was happening when switching scenes, it is fine going from gain to clean but going clean to gain scene is a loud popping sound and I didn't have this issue before . I updated the application on the computer and axe to the latest and the program on the computer started lagging when the scenes were changed like in an update they did a few months ago and scrambled to fix it. The CPU usage is only around 60%. Now that I went back to 11.01 no more popping everything is fine
Try redownloading the FW.

Tom Morris
Do you have multiple amp blocks in series? My (recent) understanding is that even if they're never on at the same time, that topology will cause pops, you're much better off putting them in parallel.

If that's the issue at all for you...

Tom Morris
Post a preset, else we're all just guessing as to what's going on or what's causing it

I'm getting ready to release a free preset and I am running 12.03. If users are running firmware 12.02, will they have any issues running a preset created in 12.03?

Heavyelement the problem is with amp 1 in the second row. For whatever reason when you switch from scene 3 to 2 the amp channels are changing from USA Pre Clean channel C to 5150 channel A which you have muted. Switch to scene 2 then set Amp 1 to channel C USA PRE CLEAN then it doesn't pop between scenes. I don't know how many of these scenes you are using?

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom