Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/27p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_27p00_beta8.zip

Changes vs. Beta #7:
  • The Envelope Filter is improved. New algorithm accurately captures the "quack" and "bubbliness" of a Mutron due to its unique topology. There's actually something on the schematic that is easy to ignore (and incorrectly implemented on many clones and models) but is instrumental in the sound and response.
  • Pitch shifter is improved.
  • Tuner will now track notes above A-880.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

Improved cathode follower algorithm improves accuracy near onset of clipping. This results in warmer tones at edge-of-breakup and better cleanup when rolling off the volume knob (for amps that use a cathode follower). Due to the new algorithm the Grid Clipping parameter has been removed.

New power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models bias excursion and duty cycle modulation. The results in more complex tone with better, punchier feel.

Added “Envelope Filter” to Filter block. This is based on the classic Mutron effect with some modern touches:

• The start and stop frequencies are freely assignable. Start can be lower or higher than stop. Simply set Start Freq higher than Stop Freq to sweep down.
  • The Sweep Shape knob controls the mapping of the detector to the filter frequency. A value of 0.0 is a linear mapping. Higher values become progressively more nonlinear and make the response more “quacky”. The default value is commensurate with a typical consumer Vactrol.
  • The detector attack and release times are programmable. Default values match the original pedal.
  • The Emphasis control allows emphasizing the higher frequencies into the detector to even out the response when playing higher notes.
  • The detector source is selectable between the block input or any of the hardware inputs. This allows placing the filter after an Amp or Drive block but using the instrument input as the source.
  • A detector meter facilitates easy adjustment of the detector sensitivity to match your guitar and playing dynamics.
Improved tuner. New algorithm is faster and more accurate.

Added Crossfade Time control to Crystal Echoes type in Pitch Block.

Improved pitch shifting.

Reduced CPU usage of Wah block slightly.

Remastered Vibrato Lux model.

Added date and time to version information returned to Axe-Edit. This obviates the need to “Refresh After New Firmware” if updating from beta releases (requires updated Axe-Edit).

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Band-Commander model.

Fixed missing PI grid stopper resistor in Comet 60 and Comet Concourse models.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Having gone from FW 22 to FW 27b I can honestly say that there are sweeping improvements to the Amp modeling.
As a long-time Mesa user I've become accustomed to having a super powerful & versatile clean tone that takes any pedals I throw at it.

I've found that more or less during my few years as an AxeFX user but will still bring a real amp on tour for my base tone.

Recently, and after really digging into the USA MK V Green model, I'm finding the AxeFX is giving me more than it has in the past.

I haven't crossed over completely to 100% amp modeling but I feel it coming. This thing is sounding GOOD!

de49c69a57ea8ea297856925aa35050204d80cf0b81ee6ce39b1612981b12adf_1.webp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom