Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

No joke. The forums of the capturing devices and plugins are flooded with captures taken from modelers instead of the real amps. 😄

Edward Norton Work GIF
Perfect gif. The Fractal gives you the real deal while the capture gives you a xerox.

I've had some output related issues on this firmware. The first issue is an increasingly loud popping sound happening at regular intervals of about 4-5 seconds (up to the point of clipping the output completely) - this happened twice. The second issue that only happened once so far is the left stereo output not producing any sound (a restart fixed both issues).

I don't know if this is helpful since it's hard to debug based on anecdotal evidence but I thought at least reporting the issues might be of use.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/27p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_27p00_beta2.zip

Found a minor error in the new amp modeling. Probably not audible though.

Hello all,

I just updated my Axe Fx III from Firmware 27 Beta 1 - To Beta 2. Now when I select any preset, all my presets say " Blank " with no sound.

Has anyone else had this happen ? Or know what to do to fix it ?

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

Improved cathode follower algorithm improves accuracy near onset of clipping. This results in warmer tones at edge-of-breakup and better cleanup when rolling off the volume knob (for amps that use a cathode follower). Due to the new algorithm the Grid Clipping parameter has been removed.

New power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models bias excursion and duty cycle modulation. The results in more complex tone with better, punchier feel.

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Band-Commander model.

Remastered Vibrato Lux model.

NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting.

Are there no preset in Axe FX at all? Restore from a backup?
That is the strange part, when I look at the list of my presets, they have the proper name for each, but if you select one, it comes up " EMPTY " On Axe Edit and the actual Axe Fx III unit , And.... there is no sound either, like the preset is in fact empty.

I found a temp fix however, I re-installed FW 27, Beta 1 , and everything is back to normal. ( Thank God ! )

Guess I will just have to do without Beta 2 . Seems to have a " Bug " at least on my unit......:(:oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:
In my opinion,
If you have a hard time dialing a real amp, is that you have the wrong amp in front of you. Talking about the mark 5 for example, they sell it as the « ultimate metal amp » back in the day, I ordered one in the shop and was disappointed with the tone : The clean sucked, and the dist isn’t heavy (as you believed before trying it). F##### by marketing so.

When you found the amp that fit well with your tastes, you plug yourself, does a light eq tweak and that’s it . You quite never tweak again your head .
When I plug myself in my jp2c, I have instantly a good tone without pulling my hair
Exactly this.

When I found my dream amp, it was a cornford rk100 and 2x12 rk Tone was there and suited perfectly what I was needed.
The eq and gain was just here to shape the tone that was already there for me.

please bring back the cornford rk100 in fractal world ^^

The jp2c is the only mesa head that doesn’t need an od pedal because of the shred mode . All my previous mesa head needed a boost to play « modern metal ». With the jp, you can play old and new metal without nothing in between. That’s the main difference to me. And yeah the clean channel is perfect

Edit : also maybe the badlander doesn’t need it too, but I never tried one for real as they send nothing in Europe
I have both the Badlander and the JP2-C. The badlander doesn't need an OD and higain is very tight, but lacking in low end. I have the 50w version and I have the bass on max. I think it's perfect in a band setting. I'm hoping we get it in the AxeFx coz I like it a ton more than the Mesa TC100 I had.

I have both the Badlander and the JP2-C. The badlander doesn't need an OD and higain is very tight, but lacking in low end. I have the 50w version and I have the bass on max. I think it's perfect in a band setting. I'm hoping we get it in the AxeFx coz I like it a ton more than the Mesa TC100 I had.
Isn't the Badlander just a Rectifier circuit with an internal TS wired up before the preamp stage?

Exactly this.

When I found my dream amp, it was a cornford rk100 and 2x12 rk Tone was there and suited perfectly what I was needed.
The eq and gain was just here to shape the tone that was already there for me.

please bring back the cornford rk100 in fractal world ^^
We have the 50, what's the primary difference between the 50 and the 100?

Isn't the Badlander just a Rectifier circuit with an internal TS wired up before the preamp stage?
Haha i was sure someone will say that, next time I need to bet !

Sometime just a component change something in the sound, see pedals…this and that. Cliff is probably aware of this as he seems to like « details ».

If it was « just » that, maybe it would have already implemented, as it have been asked by an army of people since years 🫠

Back
Top Bottom