Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go again lol! I was responding directly to the post as stated here - besides, it's just a have fun type thread anyway, no? we have no clue what is coming, and I'm guessing Fractal is happy with all the buzz and wild speculation.
Wrong again. This is the beta firmware thread & has noting to do with wild speculation, especially when said wild speculation goes against 1 of the 2 only facts that are out there.

Considering they mentioned that it would not compete with any current products, I speculate that it will be some kind of powered speaker or power amp specifically for guitar cabs. Considering the recent friendship with Red Sound, this is maybe not too far fetched.
Maybe not power amp...

Be brave, load the beeeta!
Guinea Pig Halloween GIF by South Park

I owned both a Quad Cortex and a Headrush Pedalboard before I purchased my first Fractal unit. I found a touch screen almost useless on both of these units. Having a touch screen on a floor unit requires one to to either bend over or sit on the floor to use the touch screen which is very uncomfortable and inconvenient when putting a preset together. The alternative is to move the entire floor unit to a table top when developing presets which is also not ideal. In reality, it is much easier and more productive to use Axe Edit to develop presets from a sitting position and leave the floor units on the floor. I moved to Fractal because of its superior overall functionality and the quality of the amp, cab and effect models! I would have no interest in another touch screen unit.
This is why Apple won't make an iMac with a touchscreen. They sit beyond the arm reach of most users.

Can you post a review for the laney 412? I have a 212 and wondering how the 412 is but there are like 0 reviews for it online
It's basically the 2x12 on steroids. With one horn and 4 12" speakers, it's a subtle difference in sound from the 212. Very very subtle.

The 212 stacked on top of the 412 is pure guitar nirvana!!!

It's well worth the money and it's a powerful beast that even sounds great at lower volumes!

I still don’t get how someone can choose a product just for the ui, touchscreen etc better than the tone, as this is done to make music .
Personally I love skeuomorphic interface etc, but I won’t play with it if it doesn’t sound better than an axe. To me all the others products are far away from fractal in term of sound modelling, so they can make a product that make fireworks in your bed room, I won’t use it

I still don’t get how someone can choose a product just for the ui, touchscreen etc better than the tone, as this is done to make music .
Personally I love skeuomorphic interface etc, but I won’t play with it if it doesn’t sound better than an axe. To me all the others products are far away from fractal in term of sound modelling, so they can make a product that make fireworks in your bed room, I won’t use it
I dont care if I have to write machine code, nobody is taking my fractal away 😅 I used to program old boss/digitech etc, this thing is SO EASY as it is imo. Have zero need for fancy UI, I hardly ever use it anyway, once I set everything up its just been small tweaks after fw updates.

I only hear good comments about this firmware, lots of them, but it hasn't been released. My conclusion is that there must be some new toy(s) in the works that Cliff is focused on hatching

Woo hoo!
i've a gut feeling that at some point either in final build of this beta or in an upcoming build cliff's gonna completely revamp the pitch block .

I only hear good comments about this firmware, lots of them, but it hasn't been released. My conclusion is that there must be some new toy(s) in the works that Cliff is focused on hatching

Woo hoo!

Well theres no new Axe-edit so you are correct something else coming thats for sure - would have been an updated Axe-edit by now :)

Last night I had a true pro of 45 years/ great lifelong friend over to consult on my work with my PRS Tremonti w/ Bareknuckle The Mule pickups into my Axe Fx III Mk II and 2 Laney LFR 212's. He's been curious to hear (and see) what my new rig could do, never having owned any modelers. He is a musician (masters in guitar), music store owner, sound company owner, luthier, maintenance /emergency tech for a number of touring big name pros when they're within 2-3 hundred miles of here. I had the honor of being his 1st customer when he opened shop. He has a TON of vintage guitars and amps. He still has almost all his hearing range at 67. And he is one very nice, humble, incredibly smart gentleman.

I'm using the 2204 and 2 DynaCabs with all required fx to emulate Pat Travers' sound to my taste. He made a couple tweaks to mic placement and PEQ, and added a little more gain via the output of the input compressor for solos. He said "I am stunned how much this sounds like a Les Paul into a 2204. It's all there. As good as I could ever hope a non tube amp to be. It is spot on. I know a bunch of pro guys who would say the same thing. The fx are huge, and correct in their tone and response. People who love this type of vintage rock sound are gonna love this when you crank it up.
I could never own one of these rigs. No one would see me again from trying every last combination of everything."

There's no better feeling for me than the confidence gained from this guy putting his seal of approval on my sound.
Thanks so much Cliff and all involved in bring this product to we guitarists, this guitar player in particular. Rock on, friends.

Side note - 27" touchscreen is very nice for editing.

Attachments

• Axe Fx III w TouchScreen.jpg
    Axe Fx III w TouchScreen.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 112
  • LR Setup.jpg
    LR Setup.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom