Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just me speculating out loud: I'll bet the new product will be a floor model featuring a touch sensitive screen with drag and drop goodness.. along with a ton of other FAS great features of which I cannot imagine.

fair enough.. but whenever I hear the side-by-side reviews of Quad vs Axe-Fx that's the ONLY thing the Quad fanboys have.. otherwise it's Axe-Fx way ahead by miles.

I owned both a Quad Cortex and a Headrush Pedalboard before I purchased my first Fractal unit. I found a touch screen almost useless on both of these units. Having a touch screen on a floor unit requires one to to either bend over or sit on the floor to use the touch screen which is very uncomfortable and inconvenient when putting a preset together. The alternative is to move the entire floor unit to a table top when developing presets which is also not ideal. In reality, it is much easier and more productive to use Axe Edit to develop presets from a sitting position and leave the floor units on the floor. I moved to Fractal because of its superior overall functionality and the quality of the amp, cab and effect models! I would have no interest in another touch screen unit.

Considering they mentioned that it would not compete with any current products, I speculate that it will be some kind of powered speaker or power amp specifically for guitar cabs. Considering the recent friendship with Red Sound, this is maybe not too far fetched.

I moved to Fractal because of its superior overall functionality and the quality of the amp, cab and effect models! I would have
I moved to Fractal a few years ago because I really really wanted the Quad Cortex.. but with every single feature I kept comparing the Quad to the Axe-Fx.. and the Quad came up short every time.. so it finally dawned on me if I'm going to compare the Quad to the cream of the crop why not just get the cream of the crop? so I spent the extra money and got the Axe-Fx III Mark II and the FC12.. that was 3 years ago and there's been NO looking back.. by the way I love the programming with Axe-Edit and not having a touch screen is inconsequential.. and the FW updates are super easy and it JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

Quick question from a newbie. How long is it usually between the beta release and the final release.

:) ale
So far, they have been consistently released soon.

200.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom