Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jp2c is the only mesa head that doesn’t need an od pedal because of the shred mode . All my previous mesa head needed a boost to play « modern metal ». With the jp, you can play old and new metal without nothing in between. That’s the main difference to me. And yeah the clean channel is perfect

Edit : also maybe the badlander doesn’t need it too, but I never tried one for real as they send nothing in Europe
I remember playing a JP when it first came out and my only recollection is (A) Petrucci is way better than me, and (B) the JP is the most unforgiving amp I’ve ever played.

There is NOTHING to hide behind on that amp. I feel like it either forces you to get good or quit.

The jp2c is the only mesa head that doesn’t need an od pedal because of the shred mode . All my previous mesa head needed a boost to play « modern metal ». With the jp, you can play old and new metal without nothing in between. That’s the main difference to me. And yeah the clean channel is perfect

Edit : also maybe the badlander doesn’t need it too, but I never tried one for real as they send nothing in Europe
I noodled around with a badlander a few weeks back at the Gibson garage. I think it would still benefit from an OD up front but I wasn’t able to crank it up (don’t want to be the guy forcing a bunch of people to pay attention to me) and the salesman was required to hover because people try to walk out with stuff all the time.

Gigged the beta on Saturday night - I thought I'd encountered a serious bug, as I noticed my guitar volume and gain increasing gradually while in performance mode (noticed it via the gain levels increasing for my channels on my IEM feed via our mixer app).

Had no idea what could be causing it, so had to restart the AFX3.

Turns out the new sound engineer had adjusted the preamp gain without realising it impacted my IEM feed....:confused:

So yeah, FW seems all good!

I'm having flashbacks.
My first run in with Habanero was finding these strange peppers in my grandmothers produce drawer about 30 years ago.

Cut up an entire pepper and put it on a ham & cheese sandwich. Oh man. I was an idiot teenager so I forced it down but man.....the next day.....ooofff...

Lesson learned.
Since this thread is about the beta, I’ll respond that those weren’t ghost notes, they were ghost peppers. Hybrids developed in Mississippi, sold in South Carolina, and grown in Michigan - all locations 2890km, 3780km, and 3164km from Fullerton, CA, in that order.

RE: 5153 Stealth. Never played one in real life.

How much friggin gain does this thing have?!? I know you don’t pull a 5150 for mid-driven blues but gyat damn…
I think it would definitely be in the top 2 or 3 with the most gain ever if not in first place only thing I have heard that kind rivials it is the Bogner Helios Eclipse

Gigged the beta yesterday with no issue and got a compliment on tone from a guitar player who still lugs around a 100 watt Marshall and 4x12.

I keep coming back to see if there is a release, and this thought keeps popping into my head. We never see Release 27, but get 28 Beta 1.

Season 8 Yes GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom