Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

Also, it was almost like the dry guitar tone was riding under the amp tone. I checked everything to try and find if I had something bypassed and set to "thru" but couldn't find anything that would have caused it.
Oh, OK, you also felt this way. I had a similar feeling a few times with the latest FM3 fw which matches modelling changes from the Axe3.
I was scrolling through the presets and don't remember which of them had this effect noticeable, but definitely remember asking myself "is this a dry signal I'm hearing?"

Oh, OK, you also felt this way. I had a similar feeling a few times with the latest FM3 fw which matches modelling changes from the Axe3.
I was scrolling through the presets and don't remember which of them had this effect noticeable, but definitely remember asking myself "is this a dry signal I'm hearing?"
I experienced this at one point as well with this beta. I thought I was hearing it with the Virtual Capo on the Pitch block when engaged. However, I haven’t been able to reproduce it.

Interesting, it seems like it dropped the gain down on my usual 5153 patch. It wasn't too obvious through an IR and studio monitors, but when I played through a power amp and cab it seemed like a pretty significant change.

Share this preset, please
yeah @zedeloc I'd like to check out this preset if you'd be open to sharing it, sounds cool!
Thats the goods. Which amp and drive?
I've attached it for you guys. And thanks, Budda!

The drive is the big muff, the amp is the MK IV Rhythm 2, and the cab is the 4x12 Citrus dynacab with a ribbon and the dynamic 2 mic with a slight misalignment. It's only drive, amp, and cab so you should be able to use it on the fm3 and fm9 if the betas are currently aligned (I'm not sure if that's the case).

Attachments

• FW27 Doom.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
I don't think I've updated dynacabs since I don't use them, but will probably lift the other portion of the preset to experiment hehe.

I experienced this at one point as well with this beta. I thought I was hearing it with the Virtual Capo on the Pitch block when engaged. However, I haven’t been able to reproduce it.
Oh, good, I'm not the only one, haha. For me it was either on a Matchless DC30 preset, or a Bandmaster/AC20 preset. Almost 99% it was on the DC30 (EF86) preset.

Oh, good, I'm not the only one, haha. For me it was either on a Matchless DC30 preset, or a Bandmaster/AC20 preset. Almost 99% it was on the DC30 (EF86) preset.
Same here. Again I don’t remember which preset I was using but I definitely heard a dry signal in tandem with the amp.

Sorry I can’t offer any clues but at the same time I haven’t heard it again.

Same here. Again I don’t remember which preset I was using but I definitely heard a dry signal in tandem with the amp.

Sorry I can’t offer any clues but at the same time I haven’t heard it again.
It sounded like the amp was bypassed and set to through, but the amp wasn't bypassed. Weird.

How is it possible to keep improving the ultimate tone????
I've had an Axe FX since the 2 and I keep asking myself that same question. Every FW I'm like "Yep, that's it," and then Cliff drops another one and I'm like "How were my ears so wrong before?!"

What this FW did for me as add a level of fun to the feel that I think wasn't quite there before. It's the same feel I get from my real tube amps. It was there before, but the level of addictiveness has gone up I think.

Back
Top Bottom