Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #2

From reading the release notes this one seemed to me like just another update, an incremental step.
But man, I was wrong! I love it and to my ears and with my presets it's way more than that.
It started with 26.01 and it's like someone put my cab one foot closer to me. How? No clue.
Thanks a lot!

The release notes are really unlike most others!!

It’s SPEAKS VOLUMES!!

Especially this!! :

NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting.

My 2 cents 🙏🏻

interesting, 26.0 sounds better to my ears
As CC has said many times... it's not about making it sound 'better' but more accurate.

Thus any new FW might sound 'better' or 'worse' subjectively for different users. At times I've not liked the tonal changes from a FW but very often there's a way to tweak it or find a new model or few that hits the spot.

From reading the release notes this one seemed to me like just another update, an incremental step.
But man, I was wrong! I love it and to my ears and with my presets it's way more than that.
It started with 26.01 and it's like someone put my cab one foot closer to me. How? No clue.
Thanks a lot!
Yeah...man, ears are tricky. I've been swamped mixing for the last two weeks, so I haven't really had a chance to play that much. But wow - how does it happen every time? Every time I think "there's no way this can get better" - it gets better.
Modelers and Kempers etc have all just seemed like somewhat different EQ'd versions of the same amp. Obviously, some are great...but these just all feel and sound so different. I've certainly been building tracks before with other modelers and switched amps and thought, "this sounds just like the amp I just played..." but man - you really even hear unique differences when playing say - a champ and tweed twin...ones in the same family. That's not the case with other pieces.

Back
Top Bottom