Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.00 Public Beta

Just loaded our newest beta. After installing both the firmware file and then the new Dyna-Cabs 1.05, and then making sure to RANF ;), I selected the new 4x12 5153 Stealth Dyna-Cab IR. I went to the Speaker tab in AxeEdit 1.13.21, and with the Auto Dyna-Cab Imp turned ON, it displayed the 1x8 5F1 Tweed (even though I thought it wasn't relevant with the Auto Dyna-Cab Imp turned ON). I turned the Auto Dyna-Cab Imp to off, and selected the impulse for the 4x12 5153 Stealth, which had a much different physical curve on the display, as well as different identified specs.

I"m probably missing something, but I thought I'd at least post what I see. Did I miss something, or am I misreading some aspect of this?
Cheers,
Lee
Which IR slot is your DynaCab in?

Which Amp block are you using, 1 or 2?

I seem to recall the Auto Impedance is related to both.

I’m still very new to my fx3 is there a downside to downloading a beta? I don’t need any new confusion to my learning.

I’m still very new to my fx3 is there a downside to downloading a beta? I don’t need any new confusion to my learning.
You can always reload the fw you came from.

Been a Fractalite since 2012 and have done a ton of fw upgrades. Only one got funky years ago but quickly reverted to the old one and then reloaded the new one with no issues.

Back up your Axe first, everything, then worst case you can go back.

Personally, as excited and appreciative of the new stuff as I am, I have limited playing time, and don't want to spend it dealing with features or tones that may change in the final release. I can wait.

YMMV, and there's no wrong answer, as long as you have that backup.

Back up your Axe first, everything, then worst case you can go back.

Personally, as excited and appreciative of the new stuff as I am, I have limited playing time, and don't want to spend it dealing with features or tones that may change in the final release. I can wait.

YMMV, and there's no wrong answer, as long as you have that backup.
I don’t have a back up yet. I’m still wandering presets so there are no real changes to back up. Thanks everyone for your input!

I don’t have a back up yet. I’m still wandering presets so there are no real changes to back up. Thanks everyone for your input!
A full backup includes your system settings and footswitch layouts too. So if you've changed any of that stuff, it's worth having.

If you haven't, you're right, you literally have nothing to lose, you can just reset to the factory data.

A full backup includes your system settings and footswitch layouts too. So if you've changed any of that stuff, it's worth having.

If you haven't, you're right, you literally have nothing to lose, you can just reset to the factory data.
Yep even with the fc12 I haven’t settled on the layout yet just trying different things, nothing to lose but hours of fun because of work.

My dyna-cabs load with the preset as saved, however, my dyna-cab library loads having cabinets two positions away from what they should be.
When I tried a preset import earlier, it loaded Dynacabs near the end of the list ok, so it seems like a block load should be expected to work correctly.

Last edited:
I found that older presets would load correctly, but if I loaded a Dynacab block that I had saved on older firmware from my block library it would have the wrong cabs selected (e.g. off by one or two)

Which IR slot is your DynaCab in?

Which Amp block are you using, 1 or 2?

I seem to recall the Auto Impedance is related to both.

Hey Unix-guy
The IR was in slot #3. The amp block was Amp1. Getting late, so brain is shutting down some. I believe you were asking which of the four slots was used for the IR, but as there has been a little chatter about the new DynaCab IRs shifting the original's locations, I included the second image to cover both bases. Appreciate your input.
Cheers,
Lee

Attachments

• Cab3 slot 4x12 5153 Stealth DynaCab.png
    Cab3 slot 4x12 5153 Stealth DynaCab.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 4x12 5153 Stealth DynaCab Auto DynaCab IR31.png
    4x12 5153 Stealth DynaCab Auto DynaCab IR31.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 37
Hey Unix-guy
The IR was in slot #3. The amp block was Amp1. Getting late, so brain is shutting down some. I believe you were asking which of the four slots was used for the IR, but as there has been a little chatter about the new DynaCab IRs shifting the original's locations, I included the second image to cover both bases. Appreciate your input.
Cheers,
Lee
From the wiki:

Enable Auto DynaCab Impedance in the Amp block to automatically select the correct Speaker Impedance Curve in the Amp block when selecting a DynaCab in the first IR slot of the Cab block. If the preset contains only the CAB 1 block, Auto Impedance controls both AMP 1 and AMP 2 blocks. If the preset contains CAB 1 and CAB 2 blocks, CAB 1 controls AMP 1, and CAB 2 controls AMP 2.

So that's the "issue"... If you want the auto selection then you need to use the first IR slot to match.

From the wiki:

So that's the "issue"... If you want the auto selection then you need to use the first IR slot to match.
Thanks again for your input. I totally must have missed that distinction, regarding the first IR column, and the function of the auto-impedance curve selection. Tonight it was purely coincidental that I placed that DynaCab in the 3rd slot.

Helps to know why it behaves like it did!
Cheers
Lee

Back
Top Bottom