Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.00 Public Beta

I didn't say that they don't have it... But it may not work.

There are other controls in the Ideal tab that are non-functional on some models.
Interesting didn't know that - why your the Master

So are you saying if you turn it on it may or may not work even though you can switch it on ?

So - not to be a wet blanket...but I just rolled back to 25.04 to check...and then went back to 26...now going back to 25 just to double check...

Are the highs not a little...shall we say forward? I do think it's an improvement, but the very top end sounds like distortion occasionally. Not saying this to piss anyone off - this is the best investment I've made for my studio...but just wondering if it's just me. Yes - I can readjust everything (that's not a big deal) and maybe it's as simple as that - me learning this FW...but I was struck that some amps I had bright switches on will now cut glass...I haven't had a vintage AC30 in here in a long time, but yeah - I guess that's actually what they can sound like.

I heard it in the 5153 and the Tweed Deluxe...It seems the Cut and Bright Switch do more of what they say in this FW. Like, bright is bright as shit...and cut works without taking the whole bottom off.

Last edited:
the bright switch should always work as you can go into the ideal tab, add a bright switch to any amp that normally doesn't have one. It's a fundamental way of adding and subtracting highs
It doesn't work on every amp model, the same with other Ideal parameters depending upon the amp model. I tested all Ideal parameters on each model and made a comprehensive list when I noticed it a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Fractal Amps Active Parameters.pdf
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
Pretty sure I had the bright switch on in 25.04 for the AC30 Brilliant. Now, the bright switch is untenable. Which is fine as I guess they don't have any bright switches on the real thing. I thought the switch didn't do anything on the amps that didn't have one?

I turn the bright switch off on that model, sounds much better without a bright cap, it doesn't need one.

Okay, I'm loving the 2x12 Stealth. Here's the Ecstasy Red Modern (Bright Switch off) through it with two misaligned 57s. Using a 2x12 eliminates the need for low cuts in this context, and the misalignment eliminates the need for high cuts. Same preset twice, hard panned. What a great weekend this is already. Thanks Cliff and FAS! I know these DynaCab captures take forever, so it means that much more that you just included two more in the firmware.

Attachments

• XTC.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Just loaded our newest beta. After installing both the firmware file and then the new Dyna-Cabs 1.06, and then making sure to RANF ;), I selected the new 4x12 5153 Stealth Dyna-Cab IR. I went to the Speaker tab in AxeEdit 1.13.21, and with the Auto Dyna-Cab Imp turned ON, it displayed the 1x8 5F1 Tweed (even though I thought it wasn't relevant with the Auto Dyna-Cab Imp turned ON). I turned the Auto Dyna-Cab Imp to off, and selected the impulse for the 4x12 5153 Stealth, which had a much different physical curve on the display, as well as different identified specs.

I"m probably missing something, but I thought I'd at least post what I see. Did I miss something, or am I misreading some aspect of this?
Cheers,
Lee

edit: typed the wrong version of DynaCab in original post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 7.25.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 7.25.31 PM.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 7.25.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 7.25.54 PM.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom