Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

I played with this new firmware for almost 10 hours non stop at the rehearsal space last weekend. Was supposed to leave after two hours but just couldn’t put my guitar down.

I’m now approaching exactly how I’ve been wanting to sound for over 10 years already. Massive thank you for all the hard workers at Fractal. Without you I would have spent stupid amounts of money on gear and most probably still would not be happy at all.

I posted a short audio clip on social media last weekend and I was asked if it was me or the guy I’ve been trying to sound like playing in the clip. He was dead serious. What a compliment…

I’ll be having an IR shoot next weekend with a new Marshall cab I just bought. It sounds outstanding. Will share some IR’s and clips in a separate thread in case some of you are interested 🙂

Possible bug: I was trying different speaker impedance curves tonight with auto dyna cab imp off on the Legend 100 II. When I switched to HiPower Lindsey B curve the Axe FX froze up and the sound stopped. I switched to a different preset but still no sound. I re-booted it and it was fine. I tried some more different speaker impedance curves and it was fine until I switched to Hipower Lindsey B again, and this time there was a noticeable hum and I could see the output levels on the preset leveling was about half way up just from the hum. I'm done for the night. I try different speaker curves all the time and have never had an issue before. I am still on 24.04.

Possible bug: I was trying different speaker impedance curves tonight with auto dyna cab imp off on the Legend 100 II. When I switched to HiPower Lindsey B curve the Axe FX froze up and the sound stopped. I switched to a different preset but still no sound. I re-booted it and it was fine. I tried some more different speaker impedance curves and it was fine until I switched to Hipower Lindsey B again, and this time there was a noticeable hum and I could see the output levels on the preset leveling was about half way up just from the hum. I'm done for the night. I try different speaker curves all the time and have never had an issue before. I am still on 24.04.

Tried this on my machine and although the Axe FX didn't lock up there is definitely a low level hum and the guitar sounds very distorted.

Also happens with the SIC set to the 1x15 Heart Key

Firmware 24

Untitled.jpg

Been a month… itching for a beta…
I know you're kidding, but once again I'm thinking "it can't get any better." Yet, I too am conditioned to look for something new. Its just gotten so amazing. What's left? Laney? Ampeg V4? Marshall 1990 8x10 cab? Or are they in there and I missed them? If not, can't we make them with existing stuff?

I know you're kidding, but once again I'm thinking "it can't get any better." Yet, I too am conditioned to look for something new. Its just gotten so amazing. What's left? Laney? Ampeg V4? Marshall 1990 8x10 cab? Or are they in there and I missed them? If not, can't we make them with existing stuff?
Randall

Mxr flanger doubler

☺️

Back
Top Bottom