Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

Strange....after this update my Cab2 block I have running in stereo (hard pan left) does not seem to have output after the update in any of my presets. What am I doing incorrectly? Thank you!
Thanks for all the tips...forgot to refresh after firmware update....been a while. Thank you again everyone!

Thanks for your insight, I understand a bit more what is happening now.
So if I understand correctly the Air parameter is mixing some of the dry signal with the cab signal.
I tried to add some Smoothing but it doesn't work.

Moving the time-alignment of the cab changes how the air react but it doesn't seems possible to align it perfectly to the dry signal as the cab signal has this leading silence and we can't move it back in time.
I guess the ideal would be to be able to time-align the dry signal going into the Air parameter to the cab signal but it doesn't seems to be possible as it is.

@Rex I answered in the original thread :)

@Moondog Wily thanks for the compliments !
As i remember, the Air Frequency is a Hi cut Filter! Also a Lo cut would be helpful to only bring some realy Air Frequencys in (Maybe 8 - 15KHz) Delay or alligned dry signal would also be cool!

It's certainly "authentic" for all those amps that have high and low inputs, since setting input trim to 0.5 is how you simulate plugging in the attenuated input.
But regardless, it's convenient to have it there imho, as is convenient to have level, balance, input mode and bypass mode shown on the right
This may be true for many amps with high and low inputs, but not for all. For example the Marshall 2203 has high and low inputs but there is a gain stage between them. I believe this is why Fractal has modeled both the 2203 high and 2203 low.

This may be true for many amps with high and low inputs, but not for all. For example the Marshall 2203 has high and low inputs but there is a gain stage between them. I believe this is why Fractal has modeled both the 2203 high and 2203 low.
Yeah, I should have typed "almost all"...

Here's one using this newest firmware....all 8 scenes are a blast......View attachment 134997

Whammy uses FC1Pedal 2
Cab block level uses FC1Pedal1 (for preset volume)
Wah blocks are auto-wah and set to come on with the + scenes
Fun preset! Watch those levels, though. This preset runs way hotter than any other I have, and I get some output clipping.

Thanks Cliff and all the Fractal team for the continuous updates and improvements. Quick question, I updated from 24.03 and noticed that the changes to Friedman BE V2 and HBE V2 amps have made them possibly a bit quieter with slightky less gain. I went back to 24.03 as have a run of shows at the moment but going to update to 24.05 again next week and go through all presets. On a quick listen they sounded really good but probably about 2db quieter. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience and what tweaks have been made etc? Thanks

The new rectifier sounds heavy. And the virtual capo is a nice tool to turn down the 7 strings to F tuning . I am very happy with this product, it does what it need to do 🎈

That was awesome!
Do you remember what you set the “tracking” parameter to in the virtual capo? I can’t seem to find a good balance between good tracking and low latency.

That was awesome!
Do you remember what you set the “tracking” parameter to in the virtual capo? I can’t seem to find a good balance between good tracking and low latency.

I always set it to zero. The test for me is wide vibrato. If I set the other parameter to fast and tracking to zero, there is no warble on the vibrato. With this setting I don't perceive any latency.

That was awesome!
yes It is set low, sometimes it happen hat I let the tracking at 7 but yes there is a latency . That's ok for something quick, if I need to stay much longer detuned, I detuned the guitar , it is still the best thing to do

Back
Top Bottom