Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

Been a month… itching for a beta…
Even more as the 24.04 was released In January (The .05 is small)

Don’t know, I am not waiting something special, but who knows what’s cooking.

Some People upset Cliff a little bit if I remember well, in this release, so maybe we are all punished because of that 🫶🏻🥹

Even more as the 24.04 was released In January (The .05 is small)

Don’t know, I am not waiting something special, but who knows what’s cooking.

Some People upset Cliff a little bit if I remember well, in this release, so maybe we are all punished because of that 🫶🏻🥹
Doubt it.
We have no idea what's on the way.

Thinking about that for example :
Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-24-03-release.200627/post-2505015
Yeah.

I doubt we're actually being punished per se, but you can't blame Cliff for stepping away sometimes, especially in the face of a bunch of criticism, even though he's going such consistently amazing work.

In fact I actually hope he takes a break sometimes, everyone needs that.

We'll see what develops. But if nothing further ever happens, which I doubt, I'd still choose my Axe, and enjoy it every day, like I do now. It's an amazing and wonderful set of tools.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p05.zip

Couple minor fixes.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Removed Presence control from Two Stone J35 models Authentic menu because real amp doesn’t have one.

Fixed excessive delay from Pitch block at first use if the Shift and Detune amounts are both 0.0.
Does anyone think we are done with firmware updates for the AXE FX III? Is there anything new on the horizon?

I dont understand some people.

Here we have an amazing product, that can get most any great guitar tone.

We have over 300 amps, over 2,200 cab IR’s, dozens of delays, reverbs, chorus, eq’s, etc to choose from.

We get updates with improvements, and new features… for free. We get bugs fixed if they exist. FAS has proven since the beginning to giving the best business model there is.

We have a wish list, presets that some users are generous to share, YouTube videos, a great help forum, plus excellent customer service.

Then we have Cliff… the genius president of FAS, who continuously works to improve an already great product, and gets involved with its users.

All this, and yet some people will still complain?

So the question to those is… just how much do you expect? Examples like… when’s the 4 coming out? I need more cabs, and xyz amp, touch screen, a larger display, more intuitive layout… when’s the next firmware, it’s been three weeks! blah blah blah.

You have more (with high studio quality) options than EVER before to choose from with unheard of control.

Not satisfied? No instant gratification?
Easy… then go back to your trusty tube amp and stomp boxes (or another modeler) and don’t aggravate the company owner, and instead create some music, and be thankful to have a great piece of gear from a legit company.

I’ve said it before… I only wish FAS was around decades ago.

I dont understand some people.

Here we have an amazing product, that can get most any great guitar tone.

We have over 300 amps, over 2,200 cab IR’s, dozens of delays, reverbs, chorus, eq’s, etc to choose from.

We get updates with improvements, and new features… for free. We get bugs fixed if they exist. FAS has proven since the beginning to giving the best business model there is.

We have a wish list, presets that some users are generous to share, YouTube videos, a great help forum, plus excellent customer service.

Then we have Cliff… the genius president of FAS, who continuously works to improve an already great product, and gets involved with its users.

All this, and yet some people will still complain?

So the question to those is… just how much do you expect? Examples like… when’s the 4 coming out? I need more cabs, and xyz amp, touch screen, a larger display, more intuitive layout… when’s the next firmware, it’s been three weeks! blah blah blah.

You have more (with high studio quality) options than EVER before to choose from with unheard of control.

Easy… then go back to your trusty tube amp and stomp boxes (or another modeler) and don’t aggravate the company owner, and instead create some music, and be thankful to have a great piece of gear from a legit company.

I’ve said it before… I only wish FAS was around decades ago.
I do think there is use for a healthy wish list around to draw from, cull, and refine new ideas, formulate priorities, etc. (I see you mention that as a Fractal plus) and definitely hear you on a lot of these threads where we just got a bunch of unexpected new stuff. :)

Last edited:
Very satisfied, but also very spoiled. It always feels like its perfect, but at the same time, every time you think it can't get any better, we get an update that blows away our expectations. I never expected DynaCabs, never expected the Revv models, the JCM updates, the SIC updates, etc. but was happy as hell when they were added. Always looking forward to what's around the corner.

I admit that I do take all of this for granted. I'll follow your advice and do my best to be more patient, because, like you mentioned, the man needs a break. Sorry for coming across as whiny and needy.

Very satisfied, but also very spoiled. It always feels like its perfect, but at the same time, every time you think it can't get any better, we get an update that blows away our expectations. I never expected DynaCabs, never expected the Revv models, the JCM updates, the SIC updates, etc. but was happy as hell when they were added. Always looking forward to what's around the corner.

I admit that I do take all of this for granted. I'll follow your advice and do my best to be more patient, because, like you mentioned, the man needs a break. Sorry for coming across as whiny and

I admit that I do take all of this for granted. I'll follow your advice and do my best to be more patient, because, like you mentioned, the man needs a break. Sorry for coming across as whiny and needy.
Yes.
Requests are cool, but, as you said.. “whiny and needy” is not. Let the man do what he’s proven to do. Nobody else can compete with Cliff and FAS in that department.
Thx

Has there ever been a long pause that did not end up in a milestone update?
I hope everything is okay and Fractal are preparing to deliver the next big step.

To me, the most significant part that bridges the gap between my real amps+cabs and the models is the impedance curve.
So far my efforts to adapt my real cabs impedance into the afx3 were very hands-on and full of external tools and measurements, I kinda wish there was an easier way that is similar to IR loading.... IC loading? Let's make it a thing.

...after firmware updates seemingly go silent.... "Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day...." Naked Gun 🤣
?

Back
Top Bottom