Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.04 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a part of the Fractal customer base since the inception way back on the harmony central forums and it really sucks that there's been so many "looking the gift horse in the mouth" type of incidents lately.

Please guys, show at least a modicum of respect towards Cliff's tireless efforts over the last two decades almost.

The tones are changing over each hardware generation and sometimes even each firmware update, like in this case. It's just a reality that we as Axe users have to accept and there's always the option to use older firmwares. To complain about gifts is simply insolent to say the least and it eats away at any motivation and goodwill Cliff still might have left.

And to be honest, I really don't have to update the Axe III anymore. It sounds so good, all the amps and fx are excellent and the cab section is now also top-notch. Everything after FW 16 is simply a very nice bonus for me.

Last edited:
If you select an amp in a new preset, it will always have the latest changes and you never need to "reset" the amp block correct? That is only for previously made presets?
If by "selecting" you mean "change the amp model": yes. Where "change the amp model" here can mean changing away from the current model and then back to it as well as just changing to another amp model.

I've been a part of the Fractal customers base since the inception way back on the harmony central forums and it really sucks that there's been so much "looking the gift horse in the mouth" type of incidents lately.

Please guys, show at least a modicum of respect towards Cliff's tireless efforts over the last two decades almost.

The tones are changing over each hardware generation and sometimes even each firmware update, like in this case. It's just a reality that we as Axe users have to accept and there's always the option to use older firmwares. To complain about gifts is simply insolent to say the least and it eats away at any motivation and goodwill Cliff still might have left.

And to be honest, I really don't have to update the Axe III anymore. It sounds so good, all the amps and fx are excellent and the cab section is now also top-notch. Everything after FW 16 is simply a very nice bonus for me.
When was “the inception“ anyway. 2007, 2008?

I had a surely response typed up, but on second thought, I will take the high road and just say. It would be nice to have the Series 1 back in a future update.

The D60 has been my fav amp sim for a few months. Its different for sure now. Gnarly. I like it. I'm nervous about it sizzling in the mix like it did before. I'll live.

Thank you for the continuous updates FAS. The ride is always fun.

I think Cliff started to work on the Axe FX Standard prototype in 2003 or 2004 and the first commercial units were sold around 2006-2007, IIRC.
Ok. Yeah. I recalled 2007 or so. I got here in 2008. What a great ride it has been and still is! Never been more happy with my setup/tone. Not to derail the thread.

Recto’s sound great as ever!

If you select an amp in a new preset, it will always have the latest changes and you never need to "reset" the amp block correct? That is only for previously made presets?
I still make a point of resetting the amp channel (ctrl+i) when changing an amp model in any preset. I assume this is still the recommendation, but in the past folks noticed a variety of settings not resetting (in the power amp I believe) when changing models. It was mentioned that resetting the amp channel after selecting a different amp model was best practice to mitigate things like this. Hope this helps!

I've been a part of the Fractal customer base since the inception way back on the harmony central forums and it really sucks that there's been so many "looking the gift horse in the mouth" type of incidents lately.

One of the few uses of my Kemper is to profile sounds I like in the Axe. When it dies I will get a ToneX. Allows you to keep tones you like but also get the benefits of the latest updates.

Thanks Cliff and the rest of The Fractal Team!!
Proud Fractal Audio customer since 2009!!
It just keeps getting better and better !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom