Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.04 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that so? It’s then possible this might have been changed at some point. Or in the latest release? Not sure if I have reseted my delay block for 1-2 years, so that might explain it. I’m pretty sure the last time I checked the repeats were really degraded after 13. Thanks for checking out, not in front of my Fractals for almost two weeks.
I have to agree. The new default setting of 16 does not make any sense IMHO as it introduces strange artifacts to the delay repeats. The default value should be set below 12. And by the way…the new default value for bit reduction in the TC 2290 is now 8. Is that intentional or a mistake?

Last edited:
Ok so i wanted to report back on the issues i had with the new FW, For some reason I plugged back today, one day after and everything is working fine.... some weird stuff, but the preset that I had the problem is gone now. The amps are sounding much better. Maybe it took some time t settle for the new updates, who knows. I rely heavily on this gear now, so its much part of my sound and actually what I do and what I enjoy doing.

I have to agree. The new default setting of 16 does not make any sense IMHO as it introduces strange artifacts to the delay repeats. The default value should be set below 12. And by the way…the new default value for bit reduction in the TC 2290 is now 8. Is that intentional or a mistake?
Thanks for checking this out.

I think at least the Vintage Digital Delay is worth taking a look at in just in case it’s not working properly, unless the bit depth is already set lower internally (I doubt it).

The whole point of the Vintage Digital type is the artifacts. It's modeling an early, primitive digital delay w/ an 8-bit converter.

Thank you.. I have be using the CA3+ Rhythm and Lead models recently.. They showed up in one of the Gifts of Tone this year and hit me right. Looking forward to checking them out. Appreciate the updates.
They're very good.
I know some people may use the Legacys but I prefer to use the CA3+s when playing a Jem equipped with Gravity Storms.
Very nice!
And try the clean also.

The real Deliverance has 2 gains
One controls the saturation
The other the voice to the left it thicker darker
full to the right it opens up more like a Marshall

And it case it wasn't obvious from this post, the model does as well. Not quite the same as a plexi treble/bass gain, but one fo the two gain controls will do a lot for how bright or dark the sound is while the other is just saturation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom