Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.04 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooohhh the sig-x would be an awesome addition. that thing is a beast and sounds insanely good

1705514130827.png

Yeah but the models just for CH3 would be
SigX CH3 Brown LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brown LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brown MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brown MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow MORE WOOD

And aside from the fact that no one would ever stop laughing at an amp model called "BLOW MORE WOOD" That's assuming the NORM/BOOST switch could be emulated by turning Gain II to 0 for Normal.

Though Brown/Brit/Blow might be possible to emulate with inputEQ and wood/scoop with amp EQ before the power amp which makes things a little more sane.

But the manual says the bitrate is set lower with the Vintage Digital Delay type. IIRC setting it to above 13 makes it kind of unusable already. 24-13=11. That can’t be right.

The Vintage Digital model defaults with it set to 16, which gives 8 bit resolution to the delay line. If you don't want it that degraded, set Bit Reduction to a lower value.

View attachment 133437

SigX CH3 Brown LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brown MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow MORE WOOD

And aside from the fact that no one would ever stop laughing at an amp model called "BLOW MORE WOOD" That's assuming the NORM/BOOST switch could be emulated by turning Gain II to 0 for Normal.

Though Brown/Brit/Blow might be possible to emulate with inputEQ and wood/scoop with amp EQ before the power amp which makes things a little more sane.
Man, I literally busted out laughing at this. You win the internet for me today @IronSean

View attachment 133437

SigX CH3 Brown LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brown MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow MORE WOOD

Don't forget one of each of the above for each power shift setting. Ya can't forget the 40w/100w tube/ss rectifier switch.

Per channel of course.

Also note, the boost switch is independent of the less/more switch, so you'd need to model that as well.

So, 40 models per channel.

3 channels.

View attachment 133437

SigX CH3 Brown LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brown MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Brit MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Brit MORE WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow LESS SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow LESS WOOD
SigX CH3 Blow MORE SCOOP
SigX CH3 Blow MORE WOOD

unless the switches are incorporated in the amp model(s)

unless the switches are incorporated in the amp model(s)
That isn't how the Fractal modelling works though. A switch isn't incorporated in the model unless it can reasonably be applied to every model. That why everything has a FAT and CUT switch and a Depth and Presence, etc. But the Friedman HBE mode is a separate model.

The Vintage Digital model defaults with it set to 16, which gives 8 bit resolution to the delay line. If you don't want it that degraded, set Bit Reduction to a lower value.
Is that so? It’s then possible this might have been changed at some point. Or in the latest release? Not sure if I have reseted my delay block for 1-2 years, so that might explain it. I’m pretty sure the last time I checked the repeats were really degraded after 13. Thanks for checking out, not in front of my Fractals for almost two weeks.

Yes the fryette is dark. The treble and presence knob are not very efficient. Didn’t know that some people played with it

If you do, it'll be in the release notes. Since it wasn't in the release notes: you do not.
If you select an amp in a new preset, it will always have the latest changes and you never need to "reset" the amp block correct? That is only for previously made presets?

I think ifI were to serious try to make the SigX to Fractal models efficiently, it would look like this:
CH3 MORE
CH3 LESS

If you want to change Brit/Burn/Blow, adjust the input EQ like X
If you want to disable the boost, turn Gain 2 to 0, as turning it all the way down is similar to siwtching it out
If you want SCOOP use the amp output EQ like Y
If you want 40w Tube rectifier increase the power supply sag.

It does make me think playing with some of these could be fun experiments witht he Deliverence amp, where they simplified things by removing/fixing the values of a lot of these settings.

I'm just holding out for the pitbull ultra-lead 100. It's such a great amp and nothing really sounds like like or can do what it does

As far as the new D60 models go, I'm undecided how I feel. As someone that's used the D60 more for awhile I just wish we could have both kinda like how we have different Mark and recto series. Maybe some day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom