Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

Just in that quick comparison,I think the previous FW version sounds much "better". It's more in your face and sounds more raw and open. At first, I thought you started with the new version and then went back to the old version.

The updated version sounds darker and more compressed. I have only minimal experience with the Jubilee in real life, so I can't attest to which is more "authentic", but the previous version certainly sounds a lot more open and less compressed than this new one.
Keep in mind, Leon's demo was the same settings. The previous model had a ton of high end and got harsh. The real amp (at least mine) didnt do that.

Just wow... the new Brit Silver sounds incredible! I just got done comparing it to my 90's JCM Slash (Jubilee reissue made with original components) and it's spot on. The real amp has two volume controls that change the amp's behavior depending on how you use them, but I set the Master Volume at 3.58 and got really close to the sound and feel of my real amp.

@FractalAudio, did you finally get your hands on a real Jubilee, or is it still the Lerxst?

Just wow... the new Brit Silver sounds incredible! I just got done comparing it to my 90's JCM Slash (Jubilee reissue made with original components) and it's spot on. The real amp has two volume controls that change the amp's behavior depending on how you use them, but I set the Master Volume at 3.58 and got really close to the sound and feel of my real amp.

@FractalAudio, did you finally get your hands on a real Jubilee, or is it still the Lerxst?
This is so cool as a huge slash fan and fanboy of that slash early tone. I can’t wait to try this now when it comes to fm9 I almost wish I didn’t read your comment lmao 😂 for listening pleasure can you do a comparison clip?! It would be so cool to hear

It has that amp in a room sound… LOL
It is miced with a rode mic but it sound really good here . In fact like a amp in the room but miced.

Also I am very interested by this rode mic now. It sound super natural. A little bit pricey 😔

Last edited:

If we can have the 3 channels… 🎉🌺🦤
Finger crossed. I hope he has the amp. Or maybe just the wiring diagram who knows .

It is miced with a rode mic but it sound really good here . In fact like a amp in the room but miced.

Also I am very interested by this rode mic now. It sound super natural. A little bit pricey 😔
Totally agree, sounds great. I wish I could get my hands on more IR's using Rode NTR or Neumann 102, love the sound of both of those IRL.

1703974215531.png

FAS Stealth Blue wen

In all seriousness, keep up the good work, I can be patient. There's more than enough here to keep me happy for a long time (but I really really do love that original stealth blue model)

Off the top of my head, it's probably to bottleneck the code that handles the crossfade. Having it in multiple places would require synchronizing them, which, on a system that uses events to communicate between the code blocks, would introduce gaps as the first to receive the message has to halt and wait for the others.

When it's in the Out block the others can continue processing and passing the signal down the chain, and the Out block just takes what it was given and fades.
Makes sense 👍

While I’m cautious by nature, I love constant improvement! I load everything published here, and absolutely without worry.

Fractal Audio is terrific. They’ve nailed it on both fronts. They are giving us the best-in-class product, and they recognize that we love to get the newest and latest thing (GAS).
I think it makes it really easy for us to trust the FW's in part because it is so easy to roll back! Of course that is if you have done a proper back up ;~))

What exactly does not make sense to you? There are several statements made in that post you are replying to. Some are just plain fact, and therefore do make sense, others are my opinion. So what exactly is the "it" you refer to?
There are three levels of firmware, beta tester, forum beta, official release. Anything other than that is your opinion.

I'm getting some volume jump switching between patches. Here is an audio example and the two patches I'm switching between. I start on the FAS Modern and switch to the 5150 and back and forth a few times. When I switch to the 5150 patch the two delay blocks light up on the 5150 patch for the duration of the volume bump. I reset both of those before uploading the patches and it still does it. I don't know if this is to be expected but it wasn't doing it on the last firmware version. The affected patch seems to be the 5150 patch, when I switch to other patches it doesn't seem to do it. Thank you

Attachments

• 5150 Rhythm Leave it alone.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • FAS Modern.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
the jubilee was designed to work with a specific kind of speaker. the vintage 30's that were available as an upgrade when you bought the jubilee cabs back in 87. if anybody has one of those cabs and can get it to cliff to run off some impulses, it would be a great addition! in the meantime, try using v30's with it and see what you think. if you stumble on a v30 ir that sounds really great with this amp, let us know!

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/marshall-silver-jubilee-match-your-speakers.90375/

Back
Top Bottom