Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I have downloaded the new Firmware 24.0 and the new AxE edit III 1.13.10, but for some reason, I cannot import any of the new gift of tone presets ? They show up in my downloads folder on my computer, but when I try to import those presets, Fractal Axe Edit III, does not see them. I have refreshed after firmware update.....still nothing. I have powered off everything rebooted my pc, still same thing. Any one else having this issue ?

I can import presets from Axe-Exchange and other downloaded syx. files on my computer without any issue, just cannot find the new downloaded gift of tone presets folders to choose from to import the presets.

ADMIN : Please give possible cause and solution, Thank you.
You are unzipping them right?

Thanks , I understand that part, the prob is, Axe edit III cannot find those downloaded bundles, It does not even see them n my downloads, that is the issue. So I cannot select a bundle I cannot see or find. :-(
What system are you running PC wise? Sorry to ask such a basic question but it's kind of baffling me.

Loving the MkV models. The tweed/edge and crunch modes of the mark v are pretty awesome too hope they get added sometime!

What would be the best way of emulating a the v25? El84 power amp but any other guidelines for simulating lower watts?
Wouldn't just changing the power tube to the El-84 models on the power tubes page get you where you want to go?

You said they appear in your Downloads folder.

If they are there then you've found them.

If not then I'm confused.

Go to your Downloads folder and unzip them first. Axe-Edit won't load zip files.
Thanks, but what I mean is, Axe edit cannot find them, from the import preset menu, they are not there.... I have never had this problem before, I imported all the gift of tones from last year without an issue.

Thanks, but what I mean is, Axe edit cannot find them, from the import preset menu, they are not there.... I have never had this problem before, I imported all the gift of tones from last year without an issue.
Your posts are very confusing.

Please provide a detailed list of the steps you performed.

Did you already unzip them?

Your posts are very confusing.

Please provide a detailed list of the steps you performed.

Did you already unzip them?
Sorry all, I figured it out....I had to move the preset out of the unzipped folder bundle to my downloads folder, now axe edit finds them...lol...

Some file browsers on Windows aren't equipped to dig into zip archives. And if those are preconfigured to look for a specific extension it will appear to the user that the file doesn't exist.

Generally a good idea to extract your downloads before trying to use them (assuming you trust the source, of course).

The TX Star Speaker > XFormer Low Freq value is changing between the Clean and Lead models. Should it be?

It's 32Hz for clean and 16Hz for lead.

The preset is using 3rd-party IRs, not Dyna-Cabs, and the Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is on.

Last edited:
I confirm it works now.
Thank you.

@Gadget Can you confirm?

Yes. I just tested it and all appears working. Thanks FA :)

If I were being hyper-picky, I still think the nomenclature could be more intuitive to clear-up any confusion when no external clock is present. Currently it states "Word Clock ------ SPDIF/AES (NO CLOCK)", which despite the '(NO CLOCK)' warning, implies that the AF3 is still clocking to SPDIF/AES even though it is not.

IMHO it might be better if it said "Word Clock ------- INTERNAL (NO CLOCK @ SPDIF/AES IN)" for where 'SPDIF/AES' has been selected but no external clock is present or has been lost.

So the setting selection options would be as follows:

"Word Clock ------- INTERNAL" for where 'Internal' clock is desired.

"Word Clock ------- SPDIF/AES IN" for where 'SPDIF/AES' is desired and a suitable external clock is present. If one isn't present, then this option would not appear and instead the option below -->

"Word Clock ------- INTERNAL (NO CLOCK @ SPDIF/AES IN)" for where 'SPDIF/AES' is desired but no external clock is present (or to be displayed after the fact when external clock has been lost).

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom