Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably saw, but the release notes in the first post of this thread include this:
These two master volume controls can be used to balance the tone into the power amp (as in the real amp). The Channel MV decreases the high frequencies as it is turned down whereas the Global MV is transparent.
I'm not sure there's much more to say about it, short of actual example presets.

I tested Wordclock internal and external Modes and had no Problems with either configurations!
Tested wit my RME AIO and all works fine! If i disconnect the digital input in WC Mode "SPDIF" the unit mutes for one Second and than Signal is there (unit switches to internal clock).
Also with my UAD Apollo Twin (which has only a S/PDIF In) it works like always. Here AxeFXIII is Master and Apollo clocked by S/PDIF or Apollo clocked internal and I switched the SRC on.
The Thing i miss is a Sync state Display in the AxeFX. So now, if i disconnect the Digital in, i don't see if the AxeFX gets a digital signal or not and also dont see if it is clocking internal or external.
In both my audio interfaces i have a clock state display that helps to see what happens, something like that should be in the AxeFXIII itself.

I tested Wordclock internal and external Modes and had no Problems with either configurations!
Tested wit my RME AIO and all works fine! If i disconnect the digital input in WC Mode "SPDIF" the unit mutes for one Second and than Signal is there (unit switches to internal clock).
Also with my UAD Apollo Twin (which has only a S/PDIF In) it works like always. Here AxeFXIII is Master and Apollo clocked by S/PDIF or Apollo clocked internal and I switched the SRC on.
The Thing i miss is a Sync state Display in the AxeFX. So now, if i disconnect the Digital in, i don't see if the AxeFX gets a digital signal or not and also dont see if it is clocking internal or external.
In both my audio interfaces i have a clock state display that helps to see what happens, something like that should be in the AxeFXIII itself.
If you go to the I/O Menu it will tell you if the clock is locked or not.

ALWAYS amazed, NEVER surprised. Thank you again, Mr. Chase. "Sorry not sorry", can't resist a thank you comment here. 🎄 Happy Holidays comes early to "Wee Littl' Fractals" once more! Cliff is the Paul Bunyan of Guitar Tech.

Thanks for the update! Is the MK V Green Channel based on the Mark I?
I think the Mark 1 is a mode in the yellow or crunch channel
on the MKV
Clean is clean ,fat , tweed
So maybe that second channel is coming later
Cliff knows we love our hi gain 😍

Excited to see the Mark V channels appearing in these updates! I used to gig with a Mark V with horizontal Recto 212 cab years ago. Always loved that amp. Funny enough, I sold that setup to fund my first Axe Fx 2! haha Looking forward to exploring it's sound again!

Perhaps a (self-dismissing after maybe 3-5 secs) front screen/AxeEdit “pop up” window confirming the “auto” clock change whenever it happens would be a handy thing to have?

Thank you, i didn't know this, that helped! I just looked to (non updated) Axe Edit-Setup-Audio Menue!
But maybe it's possible to add a small clock state icon near the global tuning triangles?

Loving the MkV models. The tweed/edge and crunch modes of the mark v are pretty awesome too hope they get added sometime!

What would be the best way of emulating a the v25? El84 power amp but any other guidelines for simulating lower watts?

Question guys, firmware updates are really exciting but nerve racking to me...I have an all in one dell from 2016 that I use for my Axe edit/etc. It rarely if EVER updates firmware without disconnecting the first go. It takes after a few go's, and than all is well. The Axe edit always "refreshes" presets automatically when I boot it after a firmware update. I also read that it is a good idea to go to "manage presets" and then select "multiple" and "reset amp blocks" to implement any under the hood changes a firmware update entails. I tried this a few days back because of the updates to various Fenders and the 100w stealth. Then I read, while it doesn't change your settings, it resets the post EQ section. I cancelled this midway through (I had around 75 factory presets done so far) Then opted to just manually dis-select my 5150 stealth blue in my user preset itself, then select it again with all my EQ notes written down, as I remember Cliff recommended this. All seems fine. Hope I didn't do anything that will bite me in the a@# when I update to the official fw 24 release. I just couldn't sit there and wait to reset 700+ factory and user amp blocks, and fool with my post EQ settings again (even though some folks say it's necessary after amp updates, my 5150 stealth blue sounds just fine doing it how Cliff said) Should I be worried?

You probably saw, but the release notes in the first post of this thread include this:

I'm not sure there's much more to say about it, short of actual example presets.
Yes, I did - thanks.

I'm guessing part of the difference I'm hearing is related to the "conversion" of settings.

My preset ended up with Global MV on 10 and Channel MV on about 7 when I loaded it up.

I need to check the preset prior to update, but I think the (only) MV parameter prior to this update got migrated to the Channel MV parameter.

Hello all, I have downloaded the new Firmware 24.0 and the new AxE edit III 1.13.10, but for some reason, I cannot import any of the new gift of tone presets ? They show up in my downloads folder on my computer, but when I try to import those presets, Fractal Axe Edit III, does not see them. I have refreshed after firmware update.....still nothing. I have powered off everything rebooted my pc, still same thing. Any one else having this issue ?

I can import presets from Axe-Exchange and other downloaded syx. files on my computer without any issue, just cannot find the new downloaded gift of tone presets folders to choose from to import the presets.

ADMIN : Please give possible cause and solution, Thank you.

Hello all, I have downloaded the new Firmware 24.0 and the new AxE edit III 1.13.10, but for some reason, I cannot import any of the new gift of tone presets ? They show up in my downloads folder on my computer, but when I try to import those presets, Fractal Axe Edit III, does not see them. I have refreshed after firmware update.....still nothing. I have powered off everything rebooted my pc, still same thing. Any one else having this issue ?

I can import presets from Axe-Exchange and other downloaded syx. files on my computer without any issue, just cannot find the new downloaded gift of tone presets folders to choose from to import the presets.

ADMIN : Please give possible cause and solution, Thank you.
I believe all of them are preset "bundles" and require to be loaded as such.

Maybe check the @Cooper Carter video specifically on this topic?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ting-and-exporting-preset-cab-bundles.200276/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom