Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.03 Beta #1

Fair enough... In that case, we know the default values.
So I'm assuming the new default Thump setting of 1.25 represents for example a 50W amp into a 100W cab, so a 2.50 Thump setting would now represent a 100W amp into a 100W cab etc, correct?

Last edited:
Actually, 10dB, or 1 Bel, is twice as loud. 3dB is double power.
To expand further, if we talk about SPL, +6dB is twice as loud as it represents a doubling in pressure level (Pa), which requires a 4x power increase to be produced.
Our ears don't work linearly though, so a 'perceived' volume doubling is actually around +10dB (but it also depends on frequency, absolute SPL, etc.)

So I'm assuming the new default Thump setting of 1.25 represents for example a 50W amp into a 100W cab, so a 2.50 Thump setting would now represent a 100W amp into a 100W cab etc, correct?
Cliff confirmed earlier in the thread that the behaviour of the knob itself has not changed, only the default value that the block will start with. So 2.50 Thump is still 50W amp into 100W cab. 1.25 would be 25W amp into 100W amp.

NFB Comp.... In other words, it was a helpful feature that is simply better than the real deal
I beg to differ.
I have a NFB control on my amp (as do many other people) and expect the NFB control in the Axe to work just like the real thing.
I don't understand the chase for accuracy+authenticity only to destroy it with side-wheels so people who never touched a tube amp don't get confused.

Do we want accuracy or a helping-hand? The obvious answer is both.
Now we got both.... but people still complain. WTF? :)

If this never makes it to Axe-Edit, at least keep it as a hidden option.

Last edited:
What? This is the most exquisite delicatessen! But it needs to be treated with subtlety. Do not listen to the brutish. :D

Just some random doodling. Guitar volume at max all time. Controlling dynamics only with the fingers you can drive it from ethereal clean to shredding hot

Noice!!

What’s the Ir sauce here please?

I was wrong. The Red channel is different and has been added for the next release (as has the Green).
praise gospel GIF

The Red Stealth channel has a different tonestack than the OG and gobs more gain, it's a very different beast.
The green and the red are also very different from the regular 6L6 100W.
Apparently the red channels are the same.
They are not but looks like this has been addressed now :)
I was wrong. The Red channel is different and has been added for the next release (as has the Green).
Glad we're getting all 3 channels now! All 3 channels are different enough from the original 100W channels for sure. The stealth green channel is not as clean as the other amps and can get very crunchy.

Back
Top Bottom